Need help sourcing grounding washers

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

donvan

Need help sourcing grounding washers

Post by donvan »

I am having a hard time getting grounding washers - mouser part num 736-GCA00255LT, MFG part num GCA.00.255.LT.

Does anyone have a source for this or better yet an alternative part?

I've googled this part and there are either long lead times or the vendor wants me to fill out a request for parts form.

EDIT: To be clear, I'm looking for those grounding tabs that are usually scattered about on the bottom of a Dumble chassis'.
Thanks,
Don
sluckey

Re: Need help sourcing grounding washers

Post by sluckey »

donvan

Post by donvan »

sluckey wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:01 pm Do you mean these?

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/s ... le-locking
That's it! Thanks!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Yup that's exactly where I bought mine from as well.

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
RB

Post by RB »

Do a search on Amazon solder lug #6
I have been getting most of my stainless fasteners - lock/kep nuts, allen head button head, 3/8 star washers etc. from Amazon lately.
All the local fastener shops in town require 45min to hr round trip plus wait time on counter service. I just order ahead on amazon and it magically shows up on my door step a couple days later. Prices are competitive most times and I don't lose time and gas money.

Randy
donvan

Post by donvan »

RB wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:40 pm Do a search on Amazon solder lug #6
I have been getting most of my stainless fasteners - lock/kep nuts, allen head button head, 3/8 star washers etc. from Amazon lately.
All the local fastener shops in town require 45min to hr round trip plus wait time on counter service. I just order ahead on amazon and it magically shows up on my door step a couple days later. Prices are competitive most times and I don't lose time and gas money.

Randy
Thanks!
Speaking of fasteners, what length fasteners are folks using for side boards and boards mounted on the bottom side? In the pictures it looks like the side boards might use shorter fasteners but it's hard to tell.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

I use 10mm on the sides and 15mm for the main boards. I use backing for the sides to insulate but not on the main boards as there's enough room.

If your chassis is a tight fit you might have to counter sink the screws for the side boards, also if you're using screws into the side standoffs make sure they're short enough.

Marcus
donvan

Post by donvan »

norburybrook wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm I use backing for the sides to insulate but not on the main boards as there's enough room.
Marcus,
Do you use the backing on the sides because some of the leads would be touching the chassis or is it because you are concerned with arcing?
Krinkle

Post by Krinkle »

norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

donvan wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:39 pm
norburybrook wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:28 pm I use backing for the sides to insulate but not on the main boards as there's enough room.
Marcus,
Do you use the backing on the sides because some of the leads would be touching the chassis or is it because you are concerned with arcing?
Well the side boards have the main rectifying voltages so as a matter of precaution (as a novice) I just insulate. I'm sure with enough distance nothing could touch but I'm sure if doesn't do any harm to add a layer of insulation behind.
the more exsperineced builders could chime in here with their views.

M