Just finished first amp build...Thanks a lot, now I'm addicted!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dannieh42

Just finished first amp build...Thanks a lot, now I'm addicted!

Post by dannieh42 »

Just finished my first amp build. No one warned that it would be addictive. It's time to start spearfishing and I haven't even touched my boat to get it ready! It's sitting in the yard full of leaves and all I can think about is tweeking the head I built and making plans for the matching cab.

Seriously though, I want to thank all of you for the information you have put out there. Learning how to build amps takes time and for you guys to take the additional time to put the info out there for others is truly awesome.

Anyway here are some pics of my amp. I built a Tweedle-Dee in a head format and modeled the look after some Mesa Boogies I've seen. I built the turret board out of G-10 and got the chassis from Hammond. I build the case out of 3/4 birch plywood. For the faceplate, I drew the labels in AutoCAD, printed them on water slide decals, put them on the back of a piece of plexiglass and spray painted over them. I made the leather corners from some leather I got at Hobby Lobby. Once again I could not have done it without all of the info you guys put out there. THANKS!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Re: Just finished first amp build...Thanks a lot, now I'm addicted!

Post by M Fowler »

Your build looks great and enjoy.

After building 150+ amps and rising fast I suggest you only build a few amps for yourself that cover your style.

Then build for family or friends so the amp goes away.

I sell a lot of amps to repeat customers but I still have a lot of my early works in my basement, garage, and two guitar stores.

Hoarding 101 advice don't start the addiction.

I don't know how guitar builders don't have a room full of different guitars, I would be like I want one of thoses, and that, and those!

Mark
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Nicely done, that bag on the right of the gut shot seems just like the ones my local electronics shop has here in WA, Vecto Electronics :D

I built a tweedle dee and love it!

I've not gone back to my Vox AC30/4 in some time due to that damn amp :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

I like the idea of a tweedle D amp head like this :D

Congratulations on your first build. I know what that feels like, it's not that long ago for me, maybe 4 years and about 10 amp builds later,but I remember the feeling very well.

M
dreric

Post by dreric »

Nice work, love the graphics.
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Cool first amp! Congrats. What's next? :D
RevD

Post by RevD »

Looks terrific, I'm thinking of doing one of these. Those volume emoji's are a win out of the gate for me lol. :D