How to get most of the Zen [speakers...]

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

blue_lu

How to get most of the Zen [speakers...]

Post by blue_lu »

Hi there,

so after owning my zendrive for a couple of weeks now, I really like the way it responds and the sound is super nice, in fact its the nicest I had so far (had a barber ts-clone before), but as always, theres room for improvement I think.
My amp is an old vibrolux reverb (silverface), and I was thinking about changing the 2x10 to 2x12 or, if they don't fit to a 1x12. I read several times that either the celestion heritage 12-65 and/or the eminence RWB seem to be the best match for a dumble amp(sound.
My question is: will a change of speakers in my vibrolux reverb from the stock fenders to one of the above make my zen sound more dumblish when played through that amp? and how will it alter the clean sound?

I understand that the best option would be to just "go for it", but considering the money and work that will go into that project I'd like to get an opinion from more experienced people (this would include probably everybody on this board) than I am.

Thanks a lot.
Lu
Funkalicousgroove

Re: How to get most of the Zen [speakers...]

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Lu,

Don't cut the Baffle, contact mojotone.com and have them cut you a new one for a 1x12, it takes less than 30 days and they are about $50.

The 12" speaker has a bit slower response than a 10 and gives more "Belly tones" it's all subjective, I like 12's though.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works