Please check my layout.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

yeahyeah

Please check my layout.

Post by yeahyeah »

Hi everyone, I'm working on a D'lite that I want to build as an HRM style. I think the preamp is fine but I'm not really sure what to change in the power section and dropping string. The values of the dropping resistors were taken from a photo of brownnote's HRM...not sure if they are right though.

Also, should I be using the ODS 101 values for the screen and grid resistors? I'll be using 6L6s but I would also like to be able to use 6V6s.

The transformers I'm using are standard brownnote fair.

Thanks,

*Edit*
Removed incorrect layout
Last edited by yeahyeah on Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normster

Re: Please check my layout.

Post by Normster »

I don't have time to review thoroughly, but you will need to change the OD switch wiring. The HRM uses two master volumes so the common leg of the switch goes to the PI, not the clean master. I don't have the layout but if you look at the HRM101 schematic you'll see what I mean.
dogears

Post by dogears »

It won't work since your channel switching is not for an HRM amp.

You must use seperate masters.

Go to 4.7uf on CL2 w/ a .05uf coupler.

Scrap the 82K and 100K plates on the PI for 100K and 110K.

150K grid resistor on OD2

There are a bunch more things but I won't post them.....
dogears

Post by dogears »

Damn! Beat me to the punch....
Normster wrote:I don't have time to review thoroughly, but you will need to change the OD switch wiring. The HRM uses two master volumes so the common leg of the switch goes to the PI, not the clean master. I don't have the layout but if you look at the HRM101 schematic you'll see what I mean.
yeahyeah

Post by yeahyeah »

Thanks alot,

:oops: I wasn't really paying attention to any of the pot and switch wireing because I'm going to use relays and mount the OD and PAB switches on the back and also add the mid boost and deep switches.

I'm much better with schematics, so I'll post a schem I've been working on (only got the preamp and overdrive done so far though)

Thanks for the advice guys. :wink:

dogears you have a PM
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

I'll let dogears and others comment on the values, they're right on the money with those.

The cathode resistors and caps can be better positioned. Look at Norm's layouts. Put the ground in the middle of the board and run the first cathode R/C to the tube side and the second to the other side. Make sure to run the cathode and plate wires parallel/touching.

Fix the masters and some of the values and you should have a great build.
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

I'd kinda like to know what a person can expect running 6L6GCs with 6V6 iron? What was it John Sebastian said; "Some times you really have to make up your mind, to pick up on one and let the other one ride. You know you have to finally decide" Something like that.

YMMV
Dan H
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Normster

Post by Normster »

skyboltone wrote:I'd kinda like to know what a person can expect running 6L6GCs with 6V6 iron?
Mo' headroom, less chirp and sparkle. :)