Please Recommend a PT for my upcoming 'Funk' build

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

odourboy

Please Recommend a PT for my upcoming 'Funk' build

Post by odourboy »

I've ordered a chassis and board set from Funk (as many of you have) and I'm starting to source some of the parts I'm going to need.

I've got many bits, but I haven't picked a PT yet. I'm thinking the optimal would be able to:

1) Able to supply enough heater current for 4 EL34s (I'd like that option), plus pre-tubes (say 4 12AX7s in case I decide to add an effects loop)
2) Have a bias winding
3) Have an extra pair for relay power (5 or 12V)
4) Of course, I'd like it to fit into Brandon's chassis (which may severly limit my choices)

Can anyone suggest a source and part number for this 'ideal' transformer? I haven't found anything capable of all that. If there's no such animal, what would you suggest?

Also, what should the optimal center tapped high voltage winding be? (Some Fender Twin replacement trannies I've seen are 335-0-335 @ 400 mA. My last build, I used a Bassman relaceent from Marvel Electronics which delivered 325-0-325 @ 250mA for my 50 watt HRM, which seems to do the job nicely two EL34s or 6L6s, but won't fly for a 100W build).

Thanks in advance!

Brian
"Let's face it, the non HRMs are easier to play, there, I've said it." - Gil Ayan... AND HE"S IN GOOD COMPANY!

Black chassis' availble: http://cepedals.com/Dumble-Style-Chassis.html
Funkalicousgroove

Re: Please Recommend a PT for my upcoming 'Funk' build

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

I'll get you one of mine, It's a Heyboer 125P34A-1 It has a 7A filament and an extra 6.3v tap for the relays.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

They are about $95 with all the extra stuff.
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
odourboy

Post by odourboy »

Excellent! I'll PM you.
"Let's face it, the non HRMs are easier to play, there, I've said it." - Gil Ayan... AND HE"S IN GOOD COMPANY!

Black chassis' availble: http://cepedals.com/Dumble-Style-Chassis.html