silver chassis...what to do?

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mastervolume

silver chassis...what to do?

Post by Mastervolume »

Ok so before I found this site I purchased a bankok silver chassis (mine says level :) )

I just don't know what to do with it, I was planning on using his boards and building up a non-master 70's style but I am wondering if it is going to be worth the hassle.....

I welcome any ideas you guys have
should there be sparks?
Normster

Re: silver chassis...what to do?

Post by Normster »

Toss the boards. Unless Natchanis has changed things, the boards are not worth saving. The chassis is best suited for a '70s circuit since it only has 6 knobs.

Here's a few photos:
http://bad-domain/DumbleRepro/
tonelab2

Post by tonelab2 »

[quote="Normster"]Toss the boards. Unless Natchanis has changed things, the boards are not worth saving. The chassis is best suited for a '70s circuit since it only has 6 knobs.

Yes, I agree with Normster with pitching the boards.
You'll also find the cutout for the PT is larger than the bassman PT but suits the twin reverb style PT nicely. A waste of PT but OK if you plan to use EL34s now and then, also the voltages are slightly lower (325v secondary) which could be good depending on your preferences for tone.

Be prepared to drill extra holes in chassis if you choose to do the HybridA style. If you are a newby at amp building I would suggest either Funks, Mustos, or Natchanis(80s style) chassis for HybridA or HRM unless you roll your own as I do. Take your time , plan carefully and ask plenty of questions.
briane

Post by briane »

I built a dlite into one of those. I used the boards, they worked fine, but looking back for how much time and effort went into the build I wish I would have made new ones.

While it may be sacriligeous, I drilled out one more knob on the front panel, on the right, between the accent switch and logo. Aside from not being labeled, and being bastardardized, the knob almost looks like it belongs there. Precense went on the back panel.

It can be done, but make sure you work out what is going where before beginning, in case you need to mod the chassy.
it really is a journey, and you just cant farm out the battle wounds