Two rock crs v3 clone and v1 vs v3 differences

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Two rock crs v3 clone and v1 vs v3 differences

Post by martin manning »

jazzbass wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:28 amI have available ... a power transformer from InMadOut, the model TA M50 34, primary 0-220-230, secondary 3.15-0-3.15; 340-0-340; 0-5, which should be right for 2 x JJ 6L6.

The power transformer was purchased for a project I didn't do and I'd like to use it now. Do you think it might be suitable?
Voltages seem fine, but do you have the current ratings for the windings? Does the transformer fit into the chassis you have?
rootz

Post by rootz »

This layout should get you started Franco. I used it for my ODRS #94, based on a mix between ODRS #60, ODS #94 and the CRS v3. The reverb is in front of the Master volume, so the reverb driver gets a lot of signal to work with. Makes for a nice deep reverb reminiscent of the one in the Wonderland. I've build this amp with Peavey Deuce 100W transformers and a separate filament transformer for the preamp tubes. I fed the relais via the low voltage tap on the PT and a DC-DC converter.

The next layout should be a lot of fun too. It's a Bluesmaster with reverb. Here the reverb is after the clean and of volume, but you should be able to turn these up. The (dry) mixer should be able to take a lot of signal: on high voltage and 100% feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rootz

Post by rootz »

Forgot to mention that the Bluesmaster reverb is setup for 4x6V6 or 2xEL34. Depends very much on the heater current you can supply. I suppose you mean the PT is an TA34M50? That should be able to provide all heater power you need for any pair of output tubes.
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

Hi rootz,

I like to test myself but I recognize my limits :lol: ..... your TR CRS OD3 layout seems complex but feasible for my skills. I have a power transformer for 2 EL34s, a chassis, tubes and most of the components.
I'm trying. :wink:

a hug

Franco
franco mezzalira
rootz

Post by rootz »

Hi Franco, whatever you are comfortable with my friend. But I'm pretty convinced of your skills, and ik you can build CRS v3 you can build about any of my designs. Really looking forward to your new build Franco. Whatever it will be, it will be awesome again.
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

martin manning wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:05 am
jazzbass wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:28 amI have available ... a power transformer from InMadOut, the model TA M50 34, primary 0-220-230, secondary 3.15-0-3.15; 340-0-340; 0-5, which should be right for 2 x JJ 6L6.

The power transformer was purchased for a project I didn't do and I'd like to use it now. Do you think it might be suitable?
Voltages seem fine, but do you have the current ratings for the windings? Does the transformer fit into the chassis you have?
Hi Martin,

I don't know how to measure the current supported by the power transformer ..... I probably don't have the right tools

Un abbraccio Franco
franco mezzalira
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

It's not easy to measure. Best if you have the spec sheet, or if you know the tube complement the transformer was designed for.
bepone

Post by bepone »

jazzbass wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 10:28 am I have available a chassis purchased from Tubetown, a good part of the components and a power transformer from InMadOut, the model TA M50 34, primary 0-220-230, secondary 3.15-0-3.15; 340-0-340; 0-5, which should be right for 2 x JJ 6L6.
currents here:
https://www.inmadout.com/download/pdf/TA34M50.pdf
mentioned trafo is ok for all 50W versions, with 5 ecc83 tubes in preamp also,
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

grazie Bepone.

Franco
franco mezzalira
timrobertson100

Post by timrobertson100 »

rootz wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 pm What do you mean by the ltspice files? The ones containing the designs, but also files with the tube models, parts, transformer models. Looks like I should just make a post here on this forum with all files I use, for others to use too and hopefully improve.
I for one would love this, having just gone through an LTSpice bootcamp and have started drawing up ODR #0060 based on Aaron's schematic.
The learning curve is significant and it's slow progress initially.

FWIW, GitHub would be a great place to collaborate on LTSpice files.
rccolgan

Post by rccolgan »

timrobertson100 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:03 pm
rootz wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:14 pm What do you mean by the ltspice files? The ones containing the designs, but also files with the tube models, parts, transformer models. Looks like I should just make a post here on this forum with all files I use, for others to use too and hopefully improve.
I for one would love this, having just gone through an LTSpice bootcamp and have started drawing up ODR #0060 based on Aaron's schematic.
The learning curve is significant and it's slow progress initially.

FWIW, GitHub would be a great place to collaborate on LTSpice files.
Make a repo! That would be amazing! I love that idea and I hope others jump on board using GitHub for version control, change management, etc. I didn't realize I already started one with my LTSpice files. https://github.com/colganr/LTSpiceCircuits
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/