I'm finally HRMing!!!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stelligan

I'm finally HRMing!!!

Post by stelligan »

Thanks to heisthl for finding the noise and voltage issues in my build. My first take 10 minutes out of the shipping box. YIPPEE!!!
http://www.jonesin.org/Dave/danjam.mp3
keithrick

Re: I'm finally HRMing!!!

Post by keithrick »

Awesome clip. I really like the way you can hear the "ceramic" grain in the clip. 8) Nice bottom end too!
chris_sanford

Post by chris_sanford »

keithrick wrote:Awesome clip. I really like the way you can hear the "ceramic" grain in the clip. 8) Nice bottom end too!
I agree... great clip! Could you run down your signal chain for us?

Thanks!

chris
dogears

Post by dogears »

Great stuff! Loved the little "quotes" you threw in. Excellent.
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Thanks guys,
Man - I've only had this thing at home running for about 2 hours, but I'm lovin' it. The signal chain is an Ibanez 335 alike with Gibson '57 Classics into the amp. The cab is a 2 x 12 Avatar open back with an EV12L and a G1265. A Shure 57 straight into the computer soundcard. I just added some triplet tapped echo on the track after the fact.
chris_sanford

Post by chris_sanford »

stelligan wrote:Thanks guys,
Man - I've only had this thing at home running for about 2 hours, but I'm lovin' it. The signal chain is an Ibanez 335 alike with Gibson '57 Classics into the amp. The cab is a 2 x 12 Avatar open back with an EV12L and a G1265. A Shure 57 straight into the computer soundcard. I just added some triplet tapped echo on the track after the fact.
Does your amp have a built-in loop or no?

chris
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Yes - I have a loop in there and have an external tube D'lator. This clip is just the amp, though. I was so excited to finally hear the thing again that I couldn't wait to post a clip. I built this in a D'lite chassis with Bassman PT and a Prosonic OT from a layout that normster had posted at one time. When I first got it running there was a noticeable ground hum and the OD channel was SUPER loud and voltage way too high. I was too much a numb skull to figure it out so, heisthl troubleshot it for me. I used a cheap transformer for relay power - that was the source of the nasty hum. I also had a 100k resistor where a 100ohm should have been. :shock: heisthl sent it back quiet and with a 3 position bright switch and a mid boost!! Good friends are nice to have. Too bad he's so damned far away.....
chris_sanford

Post by chris_sanford »

stelligan wrote:Yes - I have a loop in there and have an external tube D'lator. This clip is just the amp, though.
So.. your amp has a built-in D-lator, or just a passive loop? Just trying to draw a bead on what I'm hearing...

Thanks!

chris
dogears

Post by dogears »

passive loop....
chris_sanford wrote:
stelligan wrote:Yes - I have a loop in there and have an external tube D'lator. This clip is just the amp, though.
So.. your amp has a built-in D-lator, or just a passive loop? Just trying to draw a bead on what I'm hearing...

Thanks!

chris
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

Here it is. I has 2 X12 cab or a 1 X12. The tube buffer on top is now in the passive loop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
adlibmusic

Post by adlibmusic »

Very nice stelligan......how many output tubes on this one?
Loren
stelligan

Post by stelligan »

2 X 6L6. I'm almost in heaven. 15 miles from Iowa......
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Great sound and playin' Dave, you really make it sing with character - I'm so glad its voiced like you like it.. Actually if you compare to the D'lite HRM there are a several differences especially in the OD stage and at least one tweak you won't find on any schematic.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Robert

Post by Robert »

Sounds great to my ears stelligan, the tone and the notes.
Actually if you compare to the D'lite HRM there are a several differences especially in the OD stage and at least one tweak you won't find on any schematic.
You can't just put that up and not expect someone to ask for details. :lol:

Robert
novosibir

Post by novosibir »

heisthl wrote:Great sound and playin' Dave, you really make it sing with character...
+1

It's really a pleasure, to listen to your sound clips!

So you now have the Bassman PT & Prosonic OT in the amp - ah-ha :wink:

Is this now a HRM, or still a non HRM amp?

Which of the both speakers have you miked?

I'd be curious now, to hear your amp (with you playing of course) supplied w/ NOS GE-6L6GC's or with NOS 50' blackplate RCA's :o

Larry
Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery