Thanks for sharing

Post by ChopSauce »

Congrats, you're my new idol ... 8)
(not just kidding)
norburybrook

Re: little Blue Amp

Post by norburybrook »

Alexander,

that's beautiful work. Congratulations on this. Really superb. Makes my builds look very dishevelled :mrgreen:

keep up the good work, and I think you should share all your builds regardless .

M
Colossal

Post by Colossal »

Incredible work! Amazing!
Koolaide

Post by Koolaide »

More than very nice!
Anything that make a pooch that happy has to be good :wink:
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

Thank you guys!
It is very nice to get good feedback from experienced TAG forum members :D :D :D
pamaz67

Post by pamaz67 »

Your build is among the best ever seen here. Great attention to the details and excellent craftsmanship. Congrats.
I happen to need the same kind of amplifier as a grab and go thing , so if you are willing to give availability of that pcb, I would be in....
Thanks

Paolo
Ciao from Italy.
Paolo
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

What a remarkably great job you've done! Nice tone and playing also. THANKS for sharing your success!

With respect, 10thtx
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

Alexander,

What speaker did you end up using in the amp? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

M
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

norburybrook wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 pm Alexander,

What speaker did you end up using in the amp? I can't see it mentioned anywhere.

M
Yes, the speaker somehow does not hit the lens...
I've tried a few speakers from the ones I have. The first thing I listened to was of course EVM, since I tune all my amps through it. It is installed in the TL-cab and there are no complaints about its sound.
The second speaker was Cream Back. It is almost new, and as far as I know this is not the best period for evaluating it. Sound was... barbed)))
I also have two speakers Eminence legend v128 and GB128. Both sounded pretty good. The sound of the V12 is smooth, with a dense bass, bright top, but with a dip in the middle frequencies. With this amplifier, the sound seemed a little sterile.
But GB added to the sound of nice harmonics. It emphasized the beginning of the breakup much earlier than the V12 and this made them sound seemed more interesting.. I left this speaker in the cab.
norburybrook

Post by norburybrook »

alkuz1961 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:09 pm
norburybrook wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:10 pm Alexander,

M
Yes, the speaker somehow does not hit the lens...
I've tried a few speakers from the ones I have. The first thing I listened to was of course EVM, since I tune all my amps through it. It is installed in the TL-cab and there are no complaints about its sound.
The second speaker was Cream Back. It is almost new, and as far as I know this is not the best period for evaluating it. Sound was... barbed)))
I also have two speakers Eminence legend v128 and GB128. Both sounded pretty good. The sound of the V12 is smooth, with a dense bass, bright top, but with a dip in the middle frequencies. With this amplifier, the sound seemed a little sterile.
But GB added to the sound of nice harmonics. It emphasized the beginning of the breakup much earlier than the V12 and this made them sound seemed more interesting.. I left this speaker in the cab.
great :D speakers have a huge impact on the overall sound hence me asking .

I agree about the EVM ported cab, it's cab that basically plays back what you put into it without too much colouration..good or bad. I still often go back to this cabinet.

Again I want to commend you on a great build, everything is just perfectly executed. I take my hat off to you :mrgreen: and I love your dog.

M
Guy77

Post by Guy77 »

dorrisant wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:23 pm
alkuz1961 wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:59 pm
Somewhere here in this forum, in the section of cabinets, there is a link to how to make leather corners yourself. I just cut them out of a piece of leather, soaked them in water, squeezed into shape, dried, and colored.
Here: https://www.forum-speakerbuildersupply. ... rs-8212246

And the TAG discussion: https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31300
Thank you Dorrisant and Alkuz! I will check out those posts. I know Mesa Boggie sells them on there site but there international shipping is expensive.

Thanks for the info on your spk choice Alkuz! I just checked the specs on the Eminence Legend GB128 and wow it is an affordable spk compared to anything Celestion makes! It also has a descent size magnet at 38oz and total weight is 8.1 lbs . I may have to try that with my next JM build!

Congrats again on an amazing build.

Thanks!

Guy
Last edited by Guy77 on Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
dreric

Post by dreric »

Amazing workmanship, this is an inspiring build.

Eruic
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
telentubes

Post by telentubes »

On of the nicest projects yet. Very impressive. I put a Celestion Alnico Gold in the JM Sig I built. I demoed a Two Rock at NAMM several years ago and that is the speaker they were using in their newer take on the JM. Worth looking into. Very nice speaker for that circuit.
Curious about the weight of the combo. It looks like the perfect grab and go.
Last edited by telentubes on Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
didit

Post by didit »

Hello --

Would add to the chorus of praise but it seems we're about out of superlatives. Fine build and generous demo. I've a question about the box dimensions. Presume you put as much thought into that as the rest of your, and wondering how and what you decided on.

Best .. Ian

PS - If Marcus' designs are dishevelled mine then are disarranged or even deranged.
alkuz1961

Post by alkuz1961 »

didit wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:30 pm ...I've a question about the box dimensions. Presume you put as much thought into that as the rest of your, and wondering how and what you decided on.
I didn't make detailed drawings of this cab. But I hope these sketches will be enough to understand the design and dimensions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.