ODS with FX loop

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Fischerman

ODS with FX loop

Post by Fischerman »

Maybe I missed it but is there a schematic here for a 50W ODS with FX loop in the amp? I'm going to build a prototype ODS in a Bandmaster Reverb type chassis using some leftover trannies and filters I have...so I'll have 4 preamp tubes. My initial plan is to build a 50W HRM w/Bluesmaster, FX loop and EL34s. I put a Dumbleator in another amp had problems with the Send (I think it just didn't have enough headroom) and modified it to my own Send which worked better ('my' Send is very similar to that in a Mesa Dual Rectifier).

How much does a Dumbleator affect the tone? Do people have luck putting other loops in an ODS? Thanks for any help.
heisthl

Re: ODS with FX loop

Post by heisthl »

I did all the work for you http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2832 If you decide to do this PM me and I'll send you the latest schematic and layout.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Fischerman

Post by Fischerman »

Thanks heisthl...nice looking amp. PM incoming.

Another issue: This PT has a 5vac tap for a tube rectifier...I'm hoping to use this instead of installing the extra tranny for the channel switching. Any caveats? Should I abandon that idea and just use the extra tranny?
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

use 5 volt relays and use the taps via a full wave bridge to get >7 volts - this gives you enough to run LEDs in series with the relays. The Zener on the attached schematic is optional.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
Fischerman

Post by Fischerman »

Awesome. Thanks again.