The new dumble modded bassman build video series... begins!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Mark

Re: The new dumble modded bassman build video series... begins!

Post by Mark »

Good to hear people getting relief from their pain. 👍🏼
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Mark wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:08 pm
pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:16 pm Thanks! My plucking was never amazing and it's getting worse due to lack of playing because of arthritis. Either way I really like the tone of this thing. That drive sound comes with the main volume of the channel at like 5 or 6 bit it's still loud lol. I am sure I couldn't pay it to the full fifty watts and survive

~Phil
What can you do about the arthritis in your hands?

Good stuff on the build.
Not a ton, it's hereditary... I would love to try whopperplates suggestion but I'm allergic to cannabis. Makes me vomit if smoked... not excited to try it again, even if the salves/creams don't have much of a chance to make me sick, because of the risk of rash, I'm allergic to the world, I swear.

As for playing style I do find fingerstyle is a bit easier than the pick for sure. I'm trying it more lately. I don't want to give up yet... I'll keep chugging along :D

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:58 am
pompeiisneaks wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:16 pm Thanks! My plucking was never amazing and it's getting worse due to lack of playing because of arthritis. Either way I really like the tone of this thing. That drive sound comes with the main volume of the channel at like 5 or 6 bit it's still loud lol. I am sure I couldn't pay it to the full fifty watts and survive

~Phil

Good stuff on the build.
Not a ton, it's hereditary... I would love to try whopperplates suggestion but I'm allergic to cannabis. Makes me vomit if smoked... not excited to try it again, even if the salves/creams don't have much of a chance to make me sick, because of the risk of rash, I'm allergic to the world, I swear.

As for playing style I do find fingerstyle is a bit easier than the pick for sure. I'm trying it more lately. I don't want to give up yet... I'll keep chugging along :D

~Phil
I hear you Phil , my wife has a severe dermal allergy to direct cannabis plant contact , but she is fine using the salves . There are hundreds of compounds in cannabis, and the most volatile ones to the skin are generally the terpenes that are usually burned off in the cannabinoid activation / distillation process. There may be hope !

You can always try the straight CBD extract salves , eliminating any extra compounds . They have a cannabis product for everyone nowadays
Charlie
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

WhopperPlate wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:18 pm

Good stuff on the build.

~Phil
I hear you Phil , my wife has a severe dermal allergy to direct cannabis plant contact , but she is fine using the salves . There are hundreds of compounds in cannabis, and the most volatile ones to the skin are generally the terpenes that are usually burned off in the cannabinoid activation / distillation process. There may be hope !

You can always try the straight CBD extract salves , eliminating any extra compounds . They have a cannabis product for everyone nowadays
I may have to try some then :) thanks

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Mark

Post by Mark »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:10 pm

~Phil

~Phil
Quality of life is important. The base of my left thumb gets sore and I resent not being able to play guitar when I want to.
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Mark wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:39 pm
pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:10 pm

~Phil
Quality of life is important. The base of my left thumb gets sore and I resent not being able to play guitar when I want to.
This is one of my struggles , especially the picking hand .

I will take the cannabis salve and rub it in until it’s practically burned in , and I will combine this with acupuncture/acupressure techniques like moxa sticks (it’s like a giant mugwort cigar that you light and direct the cherry toward the hotspot) and gua sha (basically using specialized spoon to break up scar tissue).

This heat and massage is a major contributor to the healing process . Highly recommended.
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:10 pm]

~Phil
My pleasure ,I wish you the best , good luck !
Charlie