Dumble and Line6

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

WhopperPlate

Dumble and Line6

Post by WhopperPlate »

Hey y’all

I don’t know if this story has been told ever by anyone else, but a good friend of mine who was a long time friend and associate of Dumble had told about a time about a decade or more ago where he was hanging with a friend who was talking to Dumble over the telephone . It was mentioned that my friend was in the room to Dumble and he asked to put him on the line .

They began to chat and dumble told him how he had recently just returned from a trip to the Line6 factory. Dumble explained that they had invited him out to apparently present to him their Dumble amp modeler . They had setup a room at the factory with an amp and dumbles “favorite” Stratocaster type guitar, and he sat down and played .

He told my friend “they did it, they copied my sound”, and he then explained how he proceeded to stand up , place the guitar down on its stand and walked for the door, turning around before
Left to say “ you will be hearing from my lawyers”

And that’s the story . I thought it was
Cool.

Seems to correlate pretty well with all of the other stories from others concerning his unique and stubborn behavior. Whether or not you agree with his choices, I gotta say at least he was true to himself until the end.

Cheers yall
Charlie