Steel String Singer - SP118 Inductor

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

watchthedivers

Steel String Singer - SP118 Inductor

Post by watchthedivers »

Hey everyone, first post so let me know if this should be in the "for sale" section.

I'm building a SSS#002 with the amazing chassis I just got from erwin_ve with his boards.

The .3h inductor has a min order on every site I've found. Given that I don't reallyyy need even a single 100w SSS :lol: ...doubt I'll use the 10~ SP118's I end up with.

I'm likely ordering anyway but figured I'd post here in case someone needs one. I will gladly ship them at cost plus shipping.

Let me know if you're planning a build and need one.

Price for 4 is $35 each so they'll likely be $45~ each shipped to you.
Price for 10 is $20 each so they'll likely be $25~ each shipped to you.

I'll be ordering in the next day or two. If there are enough people I will order more for the price break. Let me know!
Gerrit666

Re: Steel String Singer - SP118 Inductor

Post by Gerrit666 »

I have a couple of these inductors in brand new condition. So if somebody need them and is located in Europe, give me a message
jazjamr

Post by jazjamr »

I used a Mesa inductor LOL Blasphemy
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Fasel inductor for wha is .5h just putting that out there. One arrives here tomorrow for under $20 shipped.

I'm not making a SSS. I am making something different. I'm making a mess.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Charlie
sergio

Post by sergio »

mesa inductor on TubeAmpDoctor , in Europe :wink:
www.sae-audio.it
Handmade tube amplifiers inspired to Dumble sound!
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Not sure why people are still pursuing this. If you are using the filter schematic as it is understood here, the inductor does nothing.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

martin manning wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:17 pm Not sure why people are still pursuing this. If you are using the filter schematic as it is understood here, the inductor does nothing.
SANTA IS REAL!!

The tick when you turn the treble control is a little tocky.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Reeltarded wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 2:33 pm
[quote="martin manning" post_id=447282 time=<a href="tel:1671196633">1671196633</a> user_id=4984]
Not sure why people are still pursuing this. If you are using the filter schematic as it is understood here, the inductor does nothing.
SANTA IS REAL!!

The tick when you turn the treble control is a little tocky.
[/quote ]

Wouldn’t be the first time that something, that was supposed to do nothing , did something… :twisted: 8)

Everyone knows that if you coil the curly with extra love just like grandma did it always comes out better .
Charlie
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

martin manning wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:17 pm Not sure why people are still pursuing this. If you are using the filter schematic as it is understood here, the inductor does nothing.
I've often wondered about this, I know you did the tests, and I know it proves that it's not actively doing anything. Made me think of at least one situation as to WHY he legitimately may have used it. Inductors help block ac current but allow dc, right, i.e. a targeted noise suppressor in many cases. Maybe, for whatever reason, on that amp he was having a ground loop or buzz or some kind of noise and he just installed it where he used to have a simple jumper and it removed the noise... Or some other silly thing like that... and it's why it's not something he used wholesale everywhere, only on that amp?

Or were these used on all the SSS?

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

pompeiisneaks wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:37 pm
I've often wondered about this, I know you did the tests, and I know it proves that it's not actively doing anything. Made me think of at least one situation as to WHY he legitimately may have used it. Inductors help block ac current but allow dc, right, i.e. a targeted noise suppressor in many cases. Maybe, for whatever reason, on that amp he was having a ground loop or buzz or some kind of noise and he just installed it where he used to have a simple jumper and it removed the noise... Or some other silly thing like that... and it's why it's not something he used wholesale everywhere, only on that amp?

Or were these used on all the SSS?

~Phil
Already debunked myself, the inductor is inline not to ground and... is in all three I can see 001,002,004... Maybe still some kind of noise rejection thingy? At any rate, yeah still seems odd, maybe some of his attempts to confuse/make it look fancier :D (black magic right?)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

The frequency of the soul is a cube root situation going downhill and inverse square going up.

No matter what, I will hear a difference. (chills) So spooky.

I actually bought the fasel because I have a situation in which it will work after my experiment with the spirit world.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Reeltarded wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:55 pm No matter what, I will hear a difference. (chills) So spooky.
Beats never hearing a difference , no matter what :mrgreen: .

What’s the frequency range effected ?

Even if it’s within an inaudible range why couldn’t it possibly modulate the audible range?

We can’t hear 50 kHz , but according literature I have read a record player can put out frequencies up to that range, and we all know how audiophiles feel about records vs CD and digital.

Tbh and tbf , I haven’t tried any of this dumble inductor circuitry toying
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Food for thought:

https://journals.physiology.org/doi/ful ... .83.6.3548

“We conclude, therefore, that inaudible high-frequency sounds with a nonstationary structure may cause non-negligible effects on the human brain when coexisting with audible low-frequency sounds. We term this phenomenon the “hypersonic effect” and the sounds introducing this effect the “hypersonic sound.”

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10 ... 00093/full

“The present study shows that high-resolution audio that retains high-frequency components has an advantage over similar and indistinguishable digital sound sources in which such components are artificially cut off, suggesting that high-resolution audio with inaudible high-frequency components induces a relaxed attentional state without conscious awareness.“

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... via%3Dihub

“The results of the present study suggest that the intensity of inaudible HFC non-linearly modulates human sound perception.”
Charlie
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

Can a guitar speaker reproduce those frequencies?