DUMBLE Trade Mark

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Scumback Speakers

Re: DUMBLE Trade Mark

Post by Scumback Speakers »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:53 pm Yes, I was proudly told "we've returned 37 amps to their owners so far". I know Dean Parks got his back, I know Landau got something back, I'm sure many others. That's refreshing. Apparently, HAD was a procrastinator...a big one.
Again, I am at limited liberty to put much information out there. I can say it seems like it's being handled professionally and properly and fairly to the family too.
Hopefully a happy ending. But during that mess that I tried to straighten out between you and Howard 17 years ago, he turned on me and I became "pure, evil incarnate". No good deed goes unpunished is appropriate in this case.
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Synesthesia wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:29 am Wow. He had 37 amps that needed to be returned to people? Am I reading and interpreting this correctly? If they were still being built/fixed I get it. However, if they were completed, that's another story isn't it?
Understanding Dumble’s rationale is beyond the scope of the average amplifier enthusiast ... One man’s “integrity” is another man’s “ pure evil incarnate “…Dumble certainly had his own ideas of each what constitutes each , and clearly cared less about what others thought than would have been preferred by many…

Clearly a stubborn and “relentless procrastinator”!!! :lol:

In the end , the love you take is equal to the love you make …and there is a lot of love for Dumble… glad to hear the dust is settling and progress is being made with the family .
Charlie
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Good things are happening. :)
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

I'm told, he had a bunch of storage units that were literally packed with amps, cabinets, power tools, test gear, etc. A few in Northern California and a few in the LA area as well. Apparently, they were at least labeled as to who owned what.

I understand a guitar maker friend of Howard's in California got the woodworking stuff.

Many things to go through. Paperwork has been filed to stop the UK scum from attempting to steal the Dumble trademark in the US. When that is done, they will likely address the UK marks at a later time.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:40 pm Drew Berlin

Berlin. Berrr liiin..

Another Illegitimate facemark. Burst Bros are Wittrocks. Tom and Bart. They don't have a brother named Drew. Drew Berlin is an internet concoction of Drew Berlin swiping a legit nickname of real people/business (Third Eye) to have an unfindable reputation on a Guitar Center quarterly board shag.

Makes me want to punch him in the face. There was a time before all this and you don't fuck with me.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:20 pm I'm told, he had a bunch of storage units that were literally packed with amps, cabinets, power tools, test gear, etc. A few in Northern California and a few in the LA area as well.
:shock:

OMFG! AM I HOWARD DUMBLE!!???

I recently made Eric Ernest aware that all my humbucking guitars except two are loaded with original PAFs in the case that I die and he sees my niece trying to trade everything for a Chinese DJ board for her new human male fixer-upper project to do failed festivals and keg parties with. Now that you all know, buy DJ gear while it's cheap.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:00 pm

OMFG! I AM HOWARD DUMBLE!! :lol:

The (my) problem is development. If I complete something, or even start most things.... the ultimate thing will never be imagined. If I finished everything I imagined there would be no resources left in nature, and I am just talking about the electronic stuff.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Synesthesia wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:29 am Wow. He had 37 amps that needed to be returned to people? Am I reading and interpreting this correctly? If they were still being built/fixed I get it. However, if they were completed, that's another story isn't it? Maybe some of these will see light of day now... I'm still waiting to find out more about Larry Carlton's SSS and Eric Johnson's original 80's ODS...

Seems like the family is going to keep HAD's personal amps, which I understand. The "first amp ever made" that he's allegedly playing through in the photo from Orianthi would be a real trip.

The funniest part is that if he didn't like you but you had enough clout he would still take your deposit and make you squirm for years trying not to offend him into throwing your money back in your face. Umm.. This is why Eric Clapton basically plays Kenny Wayne Shepherd model amps. :lol:
Littlewyan

Post by Littlewyan »

Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Yeah. They are a bad joke at American guitar shows. You should have seen the fake Marshalls they tried to sell here. The fake bursts they have sold here. The absolute bullshit Voxes they sold here.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Reeltarded wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:10 am
WhopperPlate wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:00 pm

OMFG! I AM HOWARD DUMBLE!! :lol:
D789A3B5-7106-472F-A382-A552A6C15C17.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

omfg i need a salad
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

Did I read that correctly, you want to punch the guy who has been handling Dumble's estate in the face? Maybe time to take some meds and spew your bs somewhere else.
CW
ijedouglas

Post by ijedouglas »

Charlie Wilson wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:31 am Did I read that correctly, you want to punch the guy who has been handling Dumble's estate in the face? Maybe time to take some meds and spew your bs somewhere else.
CW
Totally agree.
Ian
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:20 pm I'm told, he had a bunch of storage units that were literally packed with amps, cabinets, power tools, test gear, etc. A few in Northern California and a few in the LA area as well. Apparently, they were at least labeled as to who owned what.
What I would give to have a crack at that treasure trove of parts …
Charlie