AA Electronics Dumbleator

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

frusciante89

AA Electronics Dumbleator

Post by frusciante89 »

Hello boys and girls!
Queen's funeral here in the UK today, and it's a national holiday. This gave me some time to pursue some projects I always wanted to start but never had the time. As some of you might now, I have been selling PCB boards through my website for a while (https://www.aaelectronicspcb.com/), and a lot of people have been asking about the Dumbleator.
So... why not?
My current idea is a relatively compact PCB (150mm x 45mm) which contains all the components (not split into two boards as in the original). Mounting will be VERTICAL into the chassis, hence the power filter capacitors will be radial.
Is this a board people might be interested in?
Asking here in order to gather advices/suggestions.
Cheers from London,
Andrea

bayvan

Re: AA Electronics Dumbleator

Post by bayvan »

I'm interested. I keep delaying building one for my amp /build with one of your boards/ so a PCB board for Dumbleator will make it both easier and remove excuses for not building one.
Blindog

Post by Blindog »

Yes, interested!
"- Yeah, can we have everything louder than everything else? Right!"- Ian Gillan
jazzbass

Post by jazzbass »

Hi Andrea,

I tried to build an internal dumblator to a 2nd generation construction with the components connected directly to the valve in a chassis with holes for four pre valves, luckily something went wrong and I built an external damblator on a 1U chassis that I had bought a few years ago, a kit and a toroidal transformer bought from Tubetown. I used a pre-drilled board to fix the components and the result was excellent even if very naive, :roll: it has become an indispensable complement to every Dumble model I have built.
I have already used an AAelectronics board to build a Dumble amplifier which has proved to be reliable and robust and this new board will give me the opportunity to build a less naive Dumblator than the previous one. :D

A hug.

Franco
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
franco mezzalira
strat100

Post by strat100 »

Hi Andrea,
Just bought a board from you for the Dumbleator and see it has a voltage doubler to go with the 135v transformer, typical for me i have 250v toroidal transformer https://www.tube-town.net/ttstore/toroidal-47va.html is there a way to make it work or fudge it in my case with the pcb or does it need the proper transformer?
strat100

Post by strat100 »

Dlator_Layout_MPM_r1.pdf
I used the bridge rectifier before the AA board and adapted the input on the board and got perfect voltages with same transformer.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.