This has always confused me.........

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dreric

This has always confused me.........

Post by dreric »

Hi gang!

It's been a long time since I started a thread. I've been busy with other projects and getting two of my three kids out of the house, good and bad, but it gives me a bit more time.

So I'm dusting off two builds that I stalled out on quite a while ago.............................the DPDT wiring.

For both the 102 and the 124 I read the layout of the Overdrive DPDT as showing a connection between the far right forward pole and the second from right pole in the far row? Years ago I interpreted this as a connection made under the switch with a jumper and that was what I wired.

How have others interpreted these connections?

Happy Holidays!
Eric
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
martin manning

Re: This has always confused me.........

Post by martin manning »

You are referring to the rear panel switches?
Note that those layout drawings show slide switches, so the lugs that are electrically connected wrt to the slider position are opposite to that of a toggle switch bat. They are DPDT switches, but they are paralleled and functioning as SPDT.

For the OD, the switch poles take the lead from the OD relay coil and either ground it (in the up "manual" position), or send it to the XLR jack (down, or "pedal" position) to be controlled by the foot switch.

For the PAB, the switch does not have any connections to its upper lugs, and so the "up" (manual position) leaves the PAB relay in its off state and lets the player select PAB using the middle position of the R/J switch on the front panel. The "down" position sends the coil lead to the XLR jack so the relay can be controlled by the foot switch.
talbany

Post by talbany »

Note that those layout drawings show slide switches,
4th Generation ODS's (124/Low plate classic)in the layouts posted above use the toggle switches on front and the 2nd and 3rd generation ODS's utilizes slide switches AFAIK.

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
dreric

Post by dreric »

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of attention, holidays!

Tyhe issue I'm having involves my understanding of the OD relay DPDT wiring. Is there a JUMPER or some other connection?

Which is right??::
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

See the last file here (100W ODS r2): https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 08#p365408, page 2. Relay connections are described in a non-SN-specific way. No reason not to use identical relay boards for OD and PAB.
dreric

Post by dreric »

Martin, as always when I build, I am in your debt.

Thanks you for your generosity.
E
Eric