Mini Klienulator with bypass switch help

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

peckjed

Mini Klienulator with bypass switch help

Post by peckjed »

Good morning all,
I have a mini klienulator on my board right now and it is working very nicely for my D style amp. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to add a bypass switch so its effectively a junction box that can be easy to plug into a regular FX loop. Any tips on how?

http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/201 ... lator.html
WhopperPlate

Re: Mini Klienulator with bypass switch help

Post by WhopperPlate »

Excuse me for not understanding , but what’s the purpose of using it in bypass with an already well buffered amplifier effects loop? Isn’t this effectively just removing it from your board? Why not just do that instead of modifying a pedal and possibly compromising its resale value?
Last edited by WhopperPlate on Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlie
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Umm.. high gain looped devices belong on/at/near the amp with the shortest patches possible.

omg you are not getting a straight answer out of us. lol only preaching!

:lol:

Faaaar be it from me to laugh at a non-native speaker shakespearing the parsing of a compliment..but.. Great post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this is a very superb website hahahaha
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
peckjed

Post by peckjed »

I have multiple amplifiers (buffered, unbuffered loops or no loop at all) and one pedalboard. I simply wanted to be able to switch between the two without doing anything to my pedalboard.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

peckjed wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:47 pm I have multiple amplifiers (buffered, unbuffered loops or no loop at all) and one pedalboard. I simply wanted to be able to switch between the two without doing anything to my pedalboard.
if you have real estate it’s probably easier to just get a true bypass looper pedal and insert it into the signal chain then modify , not to mention doesn’t mess with the value of the kleinulator
Charlie
peckjed

Post by peckjed »

WhopperPlate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:42 pm
peckjed wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:47 pm I have multiple amplifiers (buffered, unbuffered loops or no loop at all) and one pedalboard. I simply wanted to be able to switch between the two without doing anything to my pedalboard.
if you have real estate it’s probably easier to just get a true bypass looper pedal and insert it into the signal chain then modify , not to mention doesn’t mess with the value of the kleinulator
Case closed. I’ll probably try this. Thanks!
jstn

Post by jstn »

peckjed wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:19 pm
WhopperPlate wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:42 pm
Case closed. I’ll probably try this. Thanks!

I do this with a Lehle Parallel Loop

allows me to run my rack effects 100% WET and pulling the Dumbleator and other effects out of the loop when needed.
angelodp

Post by angelodp »

Here is a S/P with the bypass that Martin M worked out to help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.