Another tale of Dumble

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

WhopperPlate

Another tale of Dumble

Post by WhopperPlate »

Relaying another short story about the man himself from my friend Jimmy Jackson.

So as he tells it , he was backstage supporting another band opening up for Bonnie Raitt, some time back in the day . Apparently this day Dumble shows up to gig, not unusual as they all were associates and friends with each other, but he told everyone to fetch Bonnie because he had a “present” that he had brought for her .

So with the word out everyone headed backstage to check out what Dumble had brought along, and to everyone’s joy he had a fancy purple covered amplifier made for Bonnie. She came back and was essentially like “wow cool”…and then HAD mentioned a price tag…

At that moment Jimmy was thinking “oh no, this is awkward , I don’t wanna be here” . Bonnie was pretty peeved and insulted at the present with a price tag and stormed off talking trash. Apparently Dumble was just kinda speechless and the whole situation was as uncomfortable as you could imagine .

I want to get Jimmy on the guitar wank podcast and share all the Dumble stories I have posted. I have mentioned it to him once , I think I will try again . he could tell them all better than me !
Charlie
Scumback Speakers

Re: Another tale of Dumble

Post by Scumback Speakers »

Yeah, that sounds like the Howard I knew. Present...that's rich.
Scumback - Guitar Speakers That Kick Ass!
http://youtu.be/u6U30BV2kFM
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
www.scumbackspeakers.com
https://www.facebook.com/scumbackspeakers/
https://www.instagram.com/scumback_speakers/
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Was there not a lawsuit about a "purple amp" ? I thought I'd heard Bonnie bought and paid for an amp that took so long to deliver, she took him to court, finally got the amp and then immediately sold it.
Ahhh, the stories.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

FUCHSAUDIO wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:19 pm Was there not a lawsuit about a "purple amp" ? I thought I'd heard Bonnie bought and paid for an amp that took so long to deliver, she took him to court, finally got the amp and then immediately sold it.
Ahhh, the stories.
You know the old timers …the grapevine is a game of telephone…despite aging memories , I tend to give the benefit of the doubt to those who were there.

I wonder what Bonnie has to say… probably not much because she likely has better sense and class to not stir the pot …lol
Charlie
FUCHSAUDIO

Post by FUCHSAUDIO »

Could be.
Proud holder of US Patent # 7336165.