Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

wokkel

Dumble modified Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Post by wokkel »

https://reverb.com/item/68691026-dumble ... ring-49502

Belonged to Dennis Herris

DUMBLE MODS:

The Vibrato Channel 2 Input is now a 6-position stepped rotary knob presence/frequency control
The Vibrato Channel Volume is now a push-pull Overdrive Engage and Preamp Control. (Rotate knob for more or less distortion)
The Vibrato "Intensity" knob is now a Master Volume.
The Vibrato "Intensity" control has now been re-located to the back panel of the amp.
Reverb control is disengaged in favor of the preamp/master volume circuit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepone

Re: Dumble modified Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Post by bepone »

nothing special inside, few dralorics and one el.cap in nfb, where is HADs work?
Charlie Wilson

Post by Charlie Wilson »

DUMBLE MODS:

The Vibrato Channel 2 Input is now a 6-position stepped rotary knob presence/frequency control
The Vibrato Channel Volume is now a push-pull Overdrive Engage and Preamp Control. (Rotate knob for more or less distortion)
The Vibrato "Intensity" knob is now a Master Volume.
The Vibrato "Intensity" control has now been re-located to the back panel of the amp.
bepone

Post by bepone »

yes i read, still nothing, + reverb part was the best part.
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

bepone wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:24 pm yes i read, still nothing, + reverb part was the best part.
If bepone modifies my amp , but doesn’t install new parts, does that mean bepone didn’t mod my amp? :wink:

…that shielded cable looks familiar…rotary switch assembly looks clean …
Last edited by WhopperPlate on Sat May 06, 2023 6:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Charlie
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

Looks like a type 3 Ken fisher master volume
IMG_2785.png
IMG_2806.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Charlie
bepone

Post by bepone »

WhopperPlate wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:40 pm
bepone wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 10:24 pm yes i read, still nothing, + reverb part was the best part.
If bepone modifies my amp , but doesn’t install new parts, does that mean bepone didn’t mod my amp? :wink:

i was speaking that there is no value for listed price...maybe is if divided by 20-ish IMO :P
WhopperPlate

Post by WhopperPlate »

bepone wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:48 pm
WhopperPlate wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 5:40 pm

i was speaking that there is no value for listed price...maybe is if divided by 20-ish IMO :P
At this point …if Dumble touched it then its value is justified … whether we like it or not
Charlie
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

A vid of this amp emerged; interesting feature IMO is the rotary knob for the OD channel where sustain/feedback is adjustable! From 2.05-4.07.
Since we have a gut shot Im trying to figure out what is going on with the green wire at the OD entrance and that particular rotary switch..
Someone got a idea?

Smitty

Post by Smitty »

It looks like Reverb took down the listing. One can usually see old 'sold' listings. Not in this case.
bepone

Post by bepone »

something is wrong with the sound on the video.. it is getting drops in volume, so i couldnt listen this bug for long time.

but it seeems that on the selector are different values of capacitors, probably coupling caps between the stages.. probably lower value is taken to not to cut buss so much, and on the other end it is adding more and more and more, which is not affected later in circuit like adding bass, it is like adding sustain only. probably bass is cut before PI with 500pf/1nF PI input capacitor

i will try one time a if is like this and see how it behaves
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

erwin_ve wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:08 am A vid of this amp emerged; interesting feature IMO is the rotary knob for the OD channel where sustain/feedback is adjustable! From 2.05-4.07.
Since we have a gut shot Im trying to figure out what is going on with the green wire at the OD entrance and that particular rotary switch..
Someone got a idea?

Capacitive divider is rotary. i say. Looks like pairs? I think.

They seem really excited about it. lol

Aha. Erwin, draw the front panel control layout and look at the PP switch on Vib Volume plus the Reverb control.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Reeltarded wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:17 am
erwin_ve wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:08 am A vid of this amp emerged; interesting feature IMO is the rotary knob for the OD channel where sustain/feedback is adjustable! From 2.05-4.07.
Someone got a idea?

Capacitive divider is rotary. i say. Looks like pairs? I think.

They seem really excited about it. lol

Aha. Erwin, draw the front panel control layout and look at the PP switch on Vib Volume plus the Reverb control.
Pp is to Engage the drive circuit. The rotary is close to the bright switch where no cap is visible on the pic.
I'm not familiar with the vibrolux at all, what do you mean with capacitive divider?
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

erwin_ve wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:55 pm ?
A capacitive divider is the 6 pos switch. I am almost positive. It is on the signal side of the circuit with no DC to block at this point. I have provided a link with full description of splitting AC with caps.

2 poles, 6 positions. I count 7 caps. The largest brown cap (at left side) is bridged all positions on A (signal) side of switch.

https://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/ca ... vider.html

IMG_7921.gif
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Shit. That's tiny but readable.