AA pcb Bluesmaster

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

strat100

AA pcb Bluesmaster

Post by strat100 »

Just got a board from AA after reading a bluesmaster build thread from an AA PCB with the idea of making a Bluesmaster from it, got most of it sorted but hit a brick wall with the relays for the od and pab wiring , everytime i think i have it sorted it slips away :oops:
https://www.aaelectronicspcb.com/resources or even better could i just use the 102 wiring for the relays on there layouts?
Rabbit

Re: AA pcb Bluesmaster

Post by Rabbit »

Hey man,
i am also wanting to build a bluesmaster from an AA PCB, what is it about the relays are you getting stuck on?
strat100

Post by strat100 »

Trying to get my head around the different wiring for the relays between 102 and 183 and a bluesmaster i have i think realised they are basically the same just had a mental block with the master going to the ralay and then onto the send on the loop on the bluesmaster and on 102 it goes straight to the send. I no i am an idiot :oops:
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

Both 102 and 183 have one real master pot.
The Bluesmaster has a seperate master for both clean and drive.
Below a pic how the switching is done inside the relay, Hope this helps.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

strat100 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 1:20 pm Trying to get my head around the different wiring for the relays between 102 and 183 and a bluesmaster i have i think realised they are basically the same just had a mental block with the master going to the ralay and then onto the send on the loop on the bluesmaster and on 102 it goes straight to the send. I no i am an idiot :oops:
OD and PAB relay connections are different for the Bluesmaster. With the relays integrated into the PCB, you may not be able to wire them correctly without cutting some traces.
strat100

Post by strat100 »

Have finished the amp now took awhile to get my head around the relays and jumpers but got there in the end :D lovely amp. Dumbleator next.
When i get some time will document the changes to the pcb and layout for future referance.
frusciante89

Post by frusciante89 »

Hello guys! Andrea here from AAElectronics :)
If you could let me know the mods you applied to get the Bluesmaster, I might update the board and the layout in a future version ;) can we see some pics?
Thanks!
Cheers from London,
Andrea
akabek

Post by akabek »

I am also considering building a Bluesmaster using an AA PCB. Has anyone documented the layout and changes needed to the PCB?