SSS Reverb Board location and Blasphemy.

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beasleybodyshop

Re: SSS Reverb Board location and Blasphemy.

Post by beasleybodyshop »

That's an interesting observation. I'm sure it's a factor to some degree. Have you ever headphoned an output transformer? The location of the output in relation to the PT does affect noise floor and what degree the PT induces noise into the output. Not sure how that affects tone though
"It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh..."
ViperDoc

Re: SSS Reverb Board location and Blasphemy.

Post by ViperDoc »

beasleybodyshop wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:29 am That's an interesting observation. I'm sure it's a factor to some degree. Have you ever headphoned an output transformer? The location of the output in relation to the PT does affect noise floor and what degree the PT induces noise into the output. Not sure how that affects tone though
Thanks to Xtian, I use the headphone trick on all my builds. Works like a charm. Martin posted something about a measurement of the asymmetrical wave deformation on a TW Express depending on how close the OT was to one of the output tubes, I think. This has to apply to anything causing EM waves that is brought into proximity with one side of the output section, I would guess. How much is above my paygrade.
Just plug it in, man.