PC backing boards

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Aurora

PC backing boards

Post by Aurora »

Some over two years ago I started an ODS build... for several reasons it went into a halt before last summer, but now it's time to get going again...
I made the larger boards mysellf, with eyelets, and bought a set of the smaller bords from a vendor here.. these were delivered with blank backing boards... Given that even regular PCBs can be quite uneven on the underside - how do you mount these?? Spacers between the two boards, or just screwed together??
erwin_ve

Re: PC backing boards

Post by erwin_ve »

Aurora wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:47 pm Some over two years ago I started an ODS build... for several reasons it went into a halt before last summer, but now it's time to get going again...
I made the larger boards mysellf, with eyelets, and bought a set of the smaller bords from a vendor here.. these were delivered with blank backing boards... Given that even regular PCBs can be quite uneven on the underside - how do you mount these?? Spacers between the two boards, or just screwed together??
Hi,

Backing board has a spacer ideally to prevent stress on traces. I use a nut as spacer.

Erwin
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

A nylon washer at each mounting bolt is another option, and lets the bolt freely clamp the whole sandwich.
Aurora

Post by Aurora »

I thought so... just had to ask... 8)