AA electronics PCB build

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bob-I

AA electronics PCB build

Post by Bob-I »

I decided to rebuild the Bluesmaster I build several years ago. I’ve never been totally happy with it and when I saw these PCBs from AA I thought I’d give it a go. I recently did the same thing with my Super Reverb build and I’m happy with the results. These PCBs are well designed and good quality, far better than Fender for sure.

So far I’ve just started populating the board with parts I have on hand while I wait for the order from Mouser. Here’s the start. I’ll keep,updating this thread as the build progresses, which I expect to be slow because of other non-amp related projects.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob-I

Re: AA electronics PCB build

Post by Bob-I »

I guess there’s interest judging from the views, but not enough info to comment. As I move forward I hope there’s more interest.

A big faux pa, I ordered axial filter caps instead of radial. Returning them to mouser will cost too much so if anyone needs 8 47uF/350v axials ping me. I tend to miss components as I order parts so there will be delays.

Andrea is quite creative with his PCBs. He designs them so several versions of the circuit can be built. I’m building 183 but he has layouts for 102 and 124 plus 3rd gen. Traces are included for the precision PS as well as the earlier PS. For my Super Reverb the board can be used for AA763, AB763, Deluxe reverb, Twin reverb and more, I build AB763 and it sounds great, better than any of my eyelet board builds. Check him out aaelectronicspcb.com
xtian

Post by xtian »

Sure, interested. I used AA's PCB for my Deluxe Reverb build. Very happy.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Berger

Post by Berger »

I picked up a trainwreck board from them, but haven't started yet. looking forward to your build!
GAStan

Post by GAStan »

Good looking all in one board!

Looks like you're off to a good start. What brand of resistors are you using?

I think you soldered the hole where the wiper of the PI balance pot goes a bit prematurely. Thought I'd point it out before you do the same elsewhere on the board.

I'm certainly interested, keep the updates coming.
Glenn
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Good catch on the PI balance trimmer GAStan. I got the trimmer in the mail today and realized what I'd done. Not a problem, these boards handle desoldering very well.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Dumble PCB 2.jpg
Update, components are trickling in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frusciante89

Post by frusciante89 »

Nice progress!
Waiting to see the finished amp :)
Cheers from London,
Andrea
AA Electronics