New clips!

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

oldmacman

New clips!

Post by oldmacman »

http://www.duke.edu/~bhs3/demo1.mp3

This is from a gig I did a couple weeks ago at Duke's Trinity Cafe with Pulsar Li (organ) and a drummer who was in from North Texas.

Guitar is some sort of an Epiphone Les Paul (borrowed from a friend) on the neck pickup.

The master is only on about 1.5 or 2 here. The gig was in a pretty small place, so I didn't really get the chance to open it up.

Amp is using values from Dogears with the half-Skyliner stack (.02 midcap, 270pF treble cap, 25uF Ck in the clean pre, a .047uF cap from V1B followed by a 220K/100Klin pot into the OD stages), and various and sundry other tricks.

All small-value caps are silver mica, and all larger-value caps are polypropylene from WeberVST. I have ceramic caps and PS orange drops set to arrive tomorrow, and I will post more clips when I get them installed.

Speaker is a Weber Michigan 12 Ceramic in a combo enclosure modeled after photos of the ODS combos.
dogears

Re: New clips!

Post by dogears »

Excellent use of dynamics Ben! I dig your playing.... Nice job. Amp sounded nice too.... A little wet/dry/wet and you are there! LOL
oldmacman

Post by oldmacman »

http://www.duke.edu/~bhs3/sunny.mp3

The same guitar on the bridge pickup. Gets a really nice Scofield tone.
Bob-I

Post by Bob-I »

Damn I love a big fat organ with guitar and drums, sounds like he's playing both registers and pedals... I LOVE IT. What a great sound, great playing by all 3 of you. The amp sounds good too, nice warm but it has a nice grit when you really started to bear down on it. Personally I like a bit more bottom end on my tone, but that's just adjusting the tones, this sure fits the trio great.
Normster

Post by Normster »

That amp really cuts, Ben. Great tone, and the playin' ain't too shabby either. ;)
G-Dorian

Post by G-Dorian »

oldmacman wrote: Speaker is a Weber Michigan 12 Ceramic in a combo enclosure modeled after photos of the ODS combos.
How do you like the Michigan 12 speaker? Ted says it's "similar" to an EVM12L.
oldmacman

Post by oldmacman »

I like that speaker. Tends to be a little midrangey at lower volumes, and the high end is good but not great, but at higher volumes, it sounds great.

And the organ? It's the Native Instruments B4 running on a laptop. Two manuals, no pedals.
Harris

Post by Harris »

Very nice clip! That's an amp that you bulit? 6l6's? Very sweet!