DUMBLE Bill Of Material for #40 and 70's Layout

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

lousse

Re: DUMBLE Bill Of Material for #40 and 70's Layout

Post by lousse »

Due to recent discussion with Marcos, and thanks to his help, I'm going to stop making this BOM based on the #40 schematic, and make it based on Tony Albany's layout.

This BOM is the last for #40, there still will be some errors as well as some improvement.

I'll post the new 70's BOM asap
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lousse

Post by lousse »

So here is a new BOM based on Tony Albany's incredible 70’s Layout

As always, any help improving this BOM is highly welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lousse

Post by lousse »

New BOM updated with links / completed with more original component
talbany

Post by talbany »

Lousse

Thanks for all your effort on the BOM.. These projects are very time consuming I know.. As for the resistor types here is how I did them on the layout..

The Blue ones are Mepcos.. Though currently unavailable.. Too Bad they sound wonderful.. Sub 65's

Yellow ones are CF although on 40 I believe they were red..
He used CC for grid resistors (Not on Layout) V1 V2 and fet and should be used here as they do effect tone....non inductive
Personally I would find another CC type other than the Xicons.. Just a suggestion..

The white ones are ceramic wire wounds..Screens

Since your doing the BOM right from the layout and you want to the corresponding resistors to match I can redo the color of the resistors to match #40 exactly...Let me know!!
I would make it clear somewhere in the BOM that this relates to #40 only and not specific to the era in general as resistor/pot values componet specifics changed quite a bit from #4 - #40..
# 40 is a good representation of the tone from that era everyone is familiar with...Sorry for not getting back sooner as I rarely frequent the Files pages.. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with here as this is a good addition to the collection and I hope everyone will want to build one as these amps are a must for Dumble enthusiasts..

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
lousse

Post by lousse »

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your input!
Here is a New BOM with the Carbon Comp Resistor modification!

Can you please confirm that there is no mistake in the capacitors original manufacturers section?

Although make the layout component’s color accurate, it sure will be a lot of works!
Maybe we can first work out together to make the ‘original part’ section from the BOM component correct?

Thanks for your help!
Lousse
ok matt

Post by ok matt »

Been lurking for awhile. I'm almost ready to get my hands dirty on a build. Thanks for putting this together, much appreciated.