HRM DClone files

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Bob-I

HRM DClone files

Post by Bob-I »

From my Peavey transplant.

http://www.patmedia.net/bob-ingram/DClo ... ematic.jpg
http://www.patmedia.net/bob-ingram/DClo ... Layout.jpg

If anyone needs / wants the visio file e-mail me at

bob-ingram AT patmedia.net I'm out of space on my ftp site.
Last edited by Bob-I on Fri Sep 15, 2006 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogears

Re: HRM DClone files

Post by dogears »

Thanks Bob!

Just a couple of typos.

The resistor that feeds the 25k OD trimmer is a 200k and not 180k. Yur layout is correct.

The cathode resistor for V2b is a 1.8k You have this correct in your build but the schematic and layout are wrong.

The HRM treble trim has a 100k on its output. Schematic is missing this but the layout is correct.

You may want to use 270k on the main caps and not 330k for historical accuracy.

Also, I'd suggest the 220uf caps and not 100uf. Once again for accuracy. At least show it as an alternate as people will probably follow your docs as gospel....

Did you adjust the dropping string? I use something different than the 12k into 10k......

Looks great though!!
Bob-I

Re: HRM DClone files

Post by Bob-I »

Thx Scott for the double check. I fixed the files, all except the power supply simply because the dropping string on each amp will be slightly different. The key is to get the voltage on the preamp plates as close to 200V as you can. I actually used a resistor that is labeled 15K but measures closer to 13.5K because it drops the OD tube exactly to 200V.

The resistors across the first filters I don't feel are critical. I had 2 - 470k's in parallel to get as close to the 270K as I could without placing another mouser order :lol: and I experimented with removing one, no change in tone of feel so I left the one 470K across each 100uF cap.

I'll try some 220uF's on the filters later, we'll see how it affects the feel.