79 Dumble Overdrive Deluxe

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Structo

Re: 79 Dumble Overdrive Deluxe

Post by Structo »

Sorry I know nothing of the amp other than the pictures I have saved.

Good sleuthing work though! :D
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

thanks structo ...
but i must admit it's a real pain in the ass to work on this font :lol:
since now i have pretty good dimensions , i'm at the step of correcting the slant and height of the overdrive deluxe's pic we have to have a rough font so i can cut and paste curves and straights portions i already worked on the first attempt at the letters i posted and apply them to the rough font :cry: slow and painfull work , a bit of guess here , a bit of normalizing every thicknesses and distances in the letters , a bit of eyeballing to see if it looks good with no inconsistency and allround weirdness , a lot of calculuses ... but satisfying thing is that once it'll be done this will not have to be done again :D cuz it'll be the best possible ....

obviously a work the faker in the utube video didn't do at all , close up in the first seconds of the video his lettering look like horse shit , almost as if it's been done with a sharpie :shock: , but his circuit sound good though ^^
gotta make a better clone of this fake now :lol:
" beeing freed of the desir to obtain an answer is essential to understand a problem " - Jiddu Krishnamurti
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

update ; i confirmed the width from the pic we have of the real overdrive deluxe by mesuring the lenght from the center of the light bulb to the center of the first pot towards the right ( which is standard in fender amps too ) on a deluxe reverb front panel scan , compared this lenght to what we see on the photo , reported proportions ( god thank you for the thales theorem ^^) , and we have another spot on "overdrive" from the left of the "O" to the right of the "E" IS 2(7/8 ) i'm sure now ..... he he , now i can work without having fears that new infos will force me into starting again from the ground :D
" beeing freed of the desir to obtain an answer is essential to understand a problem " - Jiddu Krishnamurti
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

I think the Circuit info well surpasses the Faceplate Logo but thanks for taking the time to make the Logo up.

It would b cool though if a Layout could be made up of the Overdrive Deluxe Funk Posted. I for one would be more than grateful to mod a fender into this config. I know the lead dress of the original amp is shoty @ best but some information has already been be gleaned from it, unfortunately more is unknown .

So far the details are:

Classic stack/ plate values.
Classic style OD (3 way rotary control unknown though)
OD Volume on the Back panel (as seen on Some ODSR's)
Effect (must b some kind of Trem, I see no Opto roach though so it must b Bias Mod trem?)
100w 4x 6L6's
Triad/Fender Twin Reverb/Dual Showman Pwr Trafo and OT
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

yeah i know the font is just a small part of the job , i started to implement a layout too in parallel but it'll be a long run as i have very little time to do all of this and a lot of values are unknown , it's mainly a guess work here ...
the amp on the video isn't 100w as it's a 2X6V6 config
boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

capgreed wrote: the amp on the video isn't 100w as it's a 2X6V6 config

I'm pretty sure that the amp in the you tube clips is in fact 100w's with 4 6L6's like the amp Funk posted. I faintly remember reading somewhere in which it said that the chassis was modified for a larger Pwr and OT. I

I'm pretty sure that Tommy Cougar's amp is 100w

Although don't quote me on that or the info above

Maybe Max has more info regarding the Tommy Couger Overdrive Deluxe or other
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

boldaslove6789

Post by boldaslove6789 »

I see, I stand corrected, I never noticed that.
Decko

Clone this Clone

Post by Decko »

Hi All,

This amp sound awesome...fake or not.

Anyone have some real info on what is under the hood.

Regards,
Decko
Decko

Clone this Clone

Post by Decko »

Hi All,

This amp sound awesome...fake or not.

Anyone have some real info on what is under the hood.

Regards,
Decko
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

Well ...I think you'll all be happy ( kinda ) because I just got a hold of the "next best thing" in our quest to that elusive ( and VERY pricey ) dumble overdrive deluxe configuration ....
I just got a gut shot of a very very ( scary ? ) close relative of the dumble overdrive deluxe , the amplified nation TremDrive Deluxe :

https://www.mediafire.com/view/nzl6g57v ... e.jpg/file

I know it's no cigar yet , but the cat is ( very slowly !) getting out of the bag finally ......( I guess the guys at amplified nation snagged one of the clones , and "paid homage" )
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Thanks for the gut shot. First thoughts, looks Low Input is 5F6A based (cathode follower, tonestack) and High Input goes through an extra stage for JCM800/Ultra Phonix Gain style. Standard Reverb circuit.
Mid switch instead of Rock/Jazz
This amp also has the "Bug Trem" instead of Bias Trem.

Thanks,
Aaron
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

"Mid switch instead of Rock/Jazz"

Hmm , on their website they definitely label it as "rock jazz" tho , look it up :

https://amplifiednation.com/product/trem-drive-deluxe/

However the order of the switch definitely is reversed on this gut she compared to the REAL dumbleoverdrive deluxe ...

On a side note , the orange drop preamp coupling caps appear to be physically smaller than the 0,1uFs ( that are mounted on the phase inverter ) , but not to 0,022uF size either .....I'd say 0,047uF 400V ?
Most of the load resistors appear to be 100K ( phew ...less tweaking required ) !
We got ONE very clear cathode arrangement on V1(A ... I presume ) 2.7K/4.7uF ....looks like 3.3K/4.7uF on the other but , you know ... glare ..It'd be logic tho considering other dumble work
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

capgreed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:46 am "Mid switch instead of Rock/Jazz"

Hmm , on their website they definitely label it as "rock jazz" tho , look it up :

Look at the switch, its a SPDT, not DPDT/100k/.01uf as per Rock/Jazz. Look at the tonestack, has 500pf and .002uf?, I'm guessing they are going to the outer outer lugs on the SPDT and the middle is going to the Treble pot lug. A variation of the MID Switch that's normally seen.

The website also says "bias term" and this amp isn't bias term.
capgreed

Post by capgreed »

Aaron wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:21 pm
capgreed wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:46 am "Mid switch instead of Rock/Jazz"

Look at the switch, its a SPDT, not DPDT/100k/.01uf as per Rock/Jazz. Look at the tonestack, has 500pf and .002uf?, I'm guessing they are going to the outer outer lugs on the SPDT and the middle is going to the Treble pot lug. A variation of the MID Switch that's normally seen.

The website also says "bias term" and this amp isn't bias term.

I see ! ....But yeah it's a "relative" of the original design anyway , I guess they "modded"it in this chassis ...Nothing stops us from putting a classic rock/jazz in the final schematic anyway !
Clear 22k first grid stopper .....Assuming amplified nation is a mid to large size boutique builder , he probably orders his components in bulk values , so I guess , referencing it's use in the tone stack , all his yellow tantalums probably are 47pF( the physical size of the caps tend to help us lean towards this conclusion too ) ... Which gives us the bright cap value ...
Man ! Lots of usable infos in that single fuzzy shot !

The power section looks "tweaked" to you ?