Layout updates and schematic, (about time)

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

glasman

Re: Layout updates and schematic, (about time)

Post by glasman »

BobW wrote:
The general concensus is that 40uf on the Screens, V2 or V1 will make the amp overly stiff and lose some it's feel.

20 or 22uf is the better choice with 2-220uf's in series for the first filter bank.

Gary
Well Gary, I guess it's back to the drawing board...again. I'm using the standard bassman caps (new Spragues). 2 20uFs in parallel for the first filter, and 20s for the others. I like the tone, and it has plently of bottom end, but maybe increasing from 40uF to 110uF may improve it a bit more? Am out of 220s for now but will give them a try. Will also have to readjust the dropping resistors. thanks for the info.
Hi Bob, a little secret Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. I use two 100's in series on 50 watt amps (a total of 50uf). 2 220's on 100W.....

Gary
Located in the St Croix River Valley- Afton, MN
About 5 miles south of I-94
aka K0GWA, K0 Glas Werks Amplification

www.glaswerks.com
George Adzich

Post by George Adzich »

BobW,

Thanks again for psoting your Schematic. I wanted to remind you to post the updated one when you have a chance.

Your schematic seems to cover all the great suggestions by the experts on this board.

Thanks to All,

George
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

what would it take to get the Visio drawing Bob?
Barry
Great things happen in a vacuum
BobW

Post by BobW »

Here's the VISIO format, thought I haven't had time to update the minor changes. there are a lot of other great layouts here in the forum as wewll with HRM and other options.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

The layout is right, but the schematic needs the 270K on the deep switch moved down a terminal. Great Job
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
BobW

Post by BobW »

The layout is right, but the schematic needs the 270K on the deep switch moved down a terminal.
Agree, thanks for catching the error.
BobW

Post by BobW »

Barry
Barry (bnwitt), I posted the VISIO layout/schematic...anything you'd like to offer up to the Forum?
George Adzich

Post by George Adzich »

BobW,

Can I trouble you for the updated JPEG schematic?? I do not have the Visio software.

-George
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

Hey George:
You guys got a nice review in Vintage Guitar. Good job.

Sorry for the HiJack :)

Dan
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
bnwitt

Post by bnwitt »

BobW wrote:
Barry
Barry (bnwitt), I posted the VISIO layout/schematic...anything you'd like to offer up to the Forum?
Bob,
well, I am working on a color layout for the Komet 60 in Visio. I will share it when its done. I also have Visio layouts for the 5E3 and 5E3X2 if anyone is interested. Bob, by the way, I am getting a file corrupt error on the zip file.
Great things happen in a vacuum
BobW

Post by BobW »

Bob, well, I am working on a color layout for the Komet 60 in Visio. I will share it when its done. I also have Visio layouts for the 5E3 and 5E3X2 if anyone is interested. Bob, by the way, I am getting a file corrupt error on the zip file.
The Komet 60 is cool, thanks Barry, my file is straight from a Raytheon web so I know it's not corrupt. It's a VISIO 2003 file.
Tonegeek

Post by Tonegeek »

noob poster here (not so noob elec. hobbyist). on the schem bobw posted it appears the "Clean Master" may be either mislabelled, or mis-wired. As wired it looks more like a global master as it will affect the circuit no matter what channel is on. BTW- great site - and thanks to Gary for sending me over here!
whit
Pitcher Amplification
http://pitcheramps.com
BobW

Post by BobW »

Not a miswire, CM was initially placed before the relay, was moved over during the build and never changed the name, obviously. The results were shorter leads and a quieter amp, but slight interaction w/ODM, no big deal.
Ed de Jager

Post by Ed de Jager »

Hi,what i don`t understand is how you get those voltages;i have an amp with a 300-0-300 transformer and i get barely 425 volts on B1 while in this schematic it says 455 volts on B1.
Can someone explain these differences to me please?
Thanks in advance,

Ed
'67_Plexi

Post by '67_Plexi »

425V is perfectly OK from a CT full wave rectified 300-0-300 transformer.
Your voltage on the first preamp tube should be targeted at as close to 200V as possible. Adjust the dropping resistor between B2 and B3 if you find it is too low. The voltages on some of the schematics are a bit off so don't worry about it. 200V on V1, 200 to 215V and 290 to 320V on V3 are good general values and are way more important than getting a higher B+ on B1 and B2.