Dumble Lite Layout

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Normster

Dumble Lite Layout

Post by Normster »

Here ya go. Simplified switching, Deluxe iron, 6V6s, all stuffed into a 16x8x2 Hammond chassis. Parts came in right at $300 (including JJ tubes) using the usual retailers. [img:2038:1247]http://bad-domain/DumbleLite/DumbleLite16x8Layout.JPG[/img]
stevlech

Re: Dumble Lite Layout

Post by stevlech »

Normster, you are to be praised! This looks like a solid and inexpensive way of obtaining some great tone. Thank you! :D
Icetech

Post by Icetech »

Very nice norm:) I started gutting one of my princetons last night to try this...

I am still trying to debug my old odsr from your layout.. i have fuzziness around the tones real bad on the clean channel.. it sorta crackles then goes away as the signal level drops when holding a note... real annoying:( will figure it though:) I need to learn to use my damn scope...
Hey man, you're leanin on my dream......
Ed de Jager

Post by Ed de Jager »

Very nice indeed!
I have a 300-0-300 PT,will that do?
Thanks in advance,Ed
skyboltone

Post by skyboltone »

I think I got all that stuff anyway. Except the pots. Post the Visio pleeze......

Dan
The Last of the World's Great Human Beings
Seek immediate medical attention if you suddenly go either deaf or blind.
If you put the Federal Government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in five years time there would be a shortage of sand.
Normster

Post by Normster »

skyboltone wrote:I think I got all that stuff anyway. Except the pots. Post the Visio pleeze......

Dan
Here ya go...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Normster

Post by Normster »

Ed de Jager wrote:Very nice indeed!
I have a 300-0-300 PT,will that do?
Thanks in advance,Ed
That should work fine. You'll probably have to adjust the dropping string in the power supply for V1 & V2 to get the correct plate voltages. I used a 300-0-300 PT (Trainwreck iron from Moose) for my last 6V6 Dumble and really liked the way it came out. I was afraid that it might get muddy when cranked but the bottom end is actually pretty tight.
Ed de Jager

Post by Ed de Jager »

Thanks Normster i am happy to hear that.
Thanks for supplying the drilling templates too you make life a lot easier:)
What i am wondering is what schematic did you use to get this layout?
Thanks in advance,Ed
Normster

Post by Normster »

It's just a simplified Hybrid-A. Same preamp values, just eliminated some switches and relays.
Ed de Jager

Post by Ed de Jager »

Thanks i `ll study that!

Greetings,Ed
stompjunkie

Post by stompjunkie »

I've got some leftover Mercury Magnetics deluxe iron, and I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time. (relays are still way beyond me....) anyway, my PT is 380-0-380... would this work? what would I need to change? I love the sound of the deluxes that I've built around this iron......I'm hoping this will do a great job for a d-style as well...many thanks
Normster

Post by Normster »

stompjunkie wrote:I've got some leftover Mercury Magnetics deluxe iron, and I've been waiting for something like this for a very long time. (relays are still way beyond me....) anyway, my PT is 380-0-380... would this work? what would I need to change? I love the sound of the deluxes that I've built around this iron......I'm hoping this will do a great job for a d-style as well...many thanks
I think the secondary voltage might be a little too high to run a SS rectifier into 6V6's. However, you could change the design slightly and run a tube rectifier and be in the ballpark. IOW, just build the plate/screen power section like a Deluxe. Make sure to also reduce the filter caps so you don't blow up the tube.
drew

Post by drew »

Are the boards in the second screen of the Visio file supposed to match up to the pre-drilled mounting holes in the Brown-note D'Lite chassis?
Normster

Post by Normster »

drew wrote:Are the boards in the second screen of the Visio file supposed to match up to the pre-drilled mounting holes in the Brown-note D'Lite chassis?
No. The original D-Lite used a shorter board so it would fit in a 16" chassis. The production D-Lite chassis is 17" and uses a longer board (to make soldering a little easier). Check on brownnote's site for the latest layout. It's drawn on the actual chassis blueprint used to laser cut the chassis.
memphisrain

Post by memphisrain »

Normster,

Do you have a BOM for the current version of the D'lite? I'll do one, but I thought may be you already had the work done.

Thanks,
mR
If it has wheels, tubes, or breasts.......

........You're going to have problems with it