"D" -single 12 enclosure-

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Teleguy61

Re: "D" -single 12 enclosure-

Post by Teleguy61 »

Awesome! Thank you both for your work and generosity!
Mikeroesoft

Post by Mikeroesoft »

Wow! Thanks for taking the time!
bluesy

Thank you all so much for the efforts.......

Post by bluesy »

....just one question. If the back is 1/2" thick; and the back mounting frame is recessed 3/4", does the final assembly have a back that is recessed 1/4"?
The DL of the .pdf shows a "Malicious Attack" on my Computer and I can't DL it.

skyboltone wrote:OK. Everyone get some graph paper and a pencil.

1) The material is 3/4" thick lumber core as originally specified for the top, bottom and sides. I'm sure other 3/4" material will work. I use pine....that's just me.

2) It's a cube 20" tall by 12 3/4" deep OUTSIDE dimension

3) Around the inside perimeter of the front, glue and screw a 1" by 3/4" frame to attach the front baffle to. The 1" dimension is flat to the box side. The frame is held 1" back from the front edge to allow a recess of the baffle for grill cloth.

4) Do the same on the back of the box with 3/4" recess to hold the rear baffle.

5) Cut the speaker hole out of the front baffle. Mr D called out 5/8" baffle. Centered. Originally, when I built it, the speaker was mounted to the rear of the baffle. Today I would front mount the speaker.

6) The back of the box is called out at 1/2" material.

7) Along the horizontal centerline of the back, mark a line. Along this line, 7 1/2" from each outer edge, mark a point. These two points are the centers of a 4 1/2" RADIUS circle. Draw a horizontal line connecting the outside circumference of these circles both top and bottom. This marks out the dimension of the rear baffle vent. Cut it out carefully with a jigsaw and route it smooth with a roundover bit. Add an input jack, seal the joints in the interior of the cabinet. I wrap grill cloth around a frame and screw it to the front baffle.

This box was designed to accommodate an Altec 417C. I hate that speaker. It works very well with the EV and JBL 12" I think it will work with others too. I'm wanting to try a Weber California in there.

Dan
No More Free Hooks.
Colossal

Re: Thank you all so much for the efforts.......

Post by Colossal »

bluesy wrote:....just one question. If the back is 1/2" thick; and the back mounting frame is recessed 3/4", does the final assembly have a back that is recessed 1/4"?
The DL of the .pdf shows a "Malicious Attack" on my Computer and I can't DL it.
It might be implied for aesthetics that the 1/2" back panel is set in 3/4" to give a 1/4" recess, but the drawings were copied verbatim and it didn't say so, so I didn't take any liberties.
bluesy

Sorry.....

Post by bluesy »

......I neglected to say "thank you" to everyone involved in this great forum and.... Happy Holidays! The best to everyone.
No More Free Hooks.
Chuck Millen

112 Cab

Post by Chuck Millen »

Thanks Sky and Collosal for the beautiful drawing!

I believe the speaker and cabinet are as equally important in producing a sweet tone as the amp is. In thinking through this as a construction project, I come up with a volume just shy of 3 cubic feet. I know Taylor builds a nice cab that comes up very close to the same volume with a slightly different shape. Have also seen several on eBay, etc; that reach the same volume. So let's say hypothetically that 3.0 is the desired volume.

My question is, does the throw of the speaker get affected by the depth of the cabinet. Using Taylor's cab as a comparison, the rear movement of the cone is 3/4' less than the HAD for the same volume.

Dudes, am I over-engineering here, or is there something to be found in the movement of the cone?

Have a Fuchs Mod head on the way and I may have to adjust the width of the cabinet for asthetics (don't want the head wider than the speaker cab) and if I am going to build this thing, I'll make it as authentic as I can.

Any thoughts???
NowFender

top and bottom braces

Post by NowFender »

Didn't see this mentioned but I cut top and bottom braces per drawing and believe they should be 16 5/8" instead of the 16 5/16" listed.
Have a EVML to load and thanks for the drawing.
fenderbender

Post by fenderbender »

To all concerned: -Thank you very much for your generosity in posting this!
Tom
It sounded so sweet... And then it caught fire!