Need Help. John Mayer sig. Amp.

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Sleep

Need Help. John Mayer sig. Amp.

Post by Sleep »

Hi Everyone! I need schematic of Two rock john mayer signature amp. Could you help me? I wanna build my own amp based on this amp :)
B

Re: Need Help. John Mayer sig. Amp.

Post by B »

There are lots of threads on his amps, I was going to build something similar ( in 50 watt fashion) but just decided to add the second channel.

Here's a schematic that floats around here a lot, It's for the custom reverb, which is apparently what his amp was based of off. Also, a zip of some pics.

None of this stuff is mine, So I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by posting these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Chris
Aaron

John Mayer Signature Proto

Post by Aaron »

EDIT: schematic revised
Last edited by Aaron on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xtian

Post by xtian »

Nice drawing, Aaron. Will you please redraw all the vintage Fender and Marshall schematics? (Why do we have all these 5th generation GIFs of scans of photocopies of photofaxes?!?)
tubedogsmith

Post by tubedogsmith »

Aaron, I didn't see your pic put the two cut controls I've seen in two rocks have been 250k pots like the old british amps used. Caps are usually .002 to .0047. just a thought
halfbackstrat

Post by halfbackstrat »

Aaron, great work! Is that from the CRS or the have you seen a gutshot of a JM Sig?
Matt
Aaron

John Mayer Proto

Post by Aaron »

Hi Matt,

This was taken from the proto.
I have attached the revised schem. If I've missed anything let me know.

Thanks,
Aaron

EDIT:- Revised schematic REV 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Aaron on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mc41

Post by mc41 »

HI,first the power supply :there is two rectifier ,i tihnk one is 420 b+ (like classic reverb)and the other is a lower voltage (from pt) that goes to a 47uf cap only for the reverb V2(to enhance 3d effect and prevent loadind) ..the rest is like the dumble power supply 2k2/22k/2k2 but there is a 10k from PI for the reverb driver..
PREAMP>.not sure about the 68k on V1B? the 1M as to go to ground to be the charge for V1B (i put a 1M pot like the "studio pro")
REVERB>maybe its a 0.0033uf on the return tube ?
MIX>from V4 68k/205k from clean to a 0.02uf to preamp out/ output in and master. i hope it will help !!
Last edited by mc41 on Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
mc41

JM sig

Post by mc41 »

All preamp caps are 400v except the feedback ones and the powersection 0.1 (600v)...all tube have 100k/1.5k/4.7uf except the reverb driver..resistor are 2% and 1% dale for input section..transformer made by "classic tone"...??
topbrent

Post by topbrent »

mhartman built a nice replica of the Mayer amp. Unfortunately, the thread that he started on the build quickly turned into a s#@t-storm. Before the info turned south, he posted up his build which he pieced together from pictures and well informed guesses.

Here is a gutshot of his Mayer clone.
dealer: allparts, weber, antique electronic supply
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

I redrew Aaron's schematic into an editable SCH format. It (D-JM) is posted here:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 346#199346

With respect, 10thtx
JustinTimeToJam

Post by JustinTimeToJam »

A Two-Rock built clone of the John Mayer sig sold on eBay. It had a couple gut shots and the following description.
This amp was built for me back in 2009 and it is an identical clone of the 25 that were built as a limited run. It's completely laid out just like the JM Signature and all the same NOS parts used. All tubes are original and TungSol 6L6 and Mullard 12ax7 preamp
carlosedp

Post by carlosedp »

Sorry about ressurecting the topic but I'm planning to build a JM Sig clone (actually rebuild my Fender Deluxe Brown into a TwoRock).

I got the schematic and all but I have a question. The original JM Sig has a Hi-Low power switch, maybe it disables a pair of output tubes. Is there any schematic I can follow to do this?

Thanks
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

10thTx wrote:I redrew Aaron's schematic into an editable SCH format. It (D-JM) is posted here:

http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 346#199346

With respect, 10thtx
mauiboy81

Post by mauiboy81 »

Hey mark, how accurate is that schematic? Does the JM sig have 1000pf treble cap and the .001 across the bass pot? Also is the master wired with the input on the wiper?