Dumble Small Special 100 photos (uncensored).

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

stevlech

Re: Dumble Small Special 100 photos (uncensored).

Post by stevlech »

Thanks Aaron. I stand corrected. The bass pot has the cap from lug 1-3 but 1-2 is shorted with the cap's electrode. I do have reservations about the switch wiring in the schematic heaven diagram. But what do I know?

Cheers :D
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

This is what I think it could be.

Tonestack values unconfirmed.

Thanks,
Aaron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
talbany

Post by talbany »

with the exception of the 124 "low plate classic" and the "Bluesmaster" layouts)
Max
AFAIK the Bluesmaster layout was taken from an actual amp..(I cannot say which).. With the notable exception of certain values not being able to see ie HRM tonestack values etc.. However these values were taken from other actual Dumble made Bluesmaster amps..

Hope this clears this up.

BTW...Tom This info Max just posted about the different generation and there circuits would make for a great sticky!!... Right at the top just before the layouts!!..IMO..It's really up to the moderators to organize all the info in the Files section and create these sticky's..

Thanks.

Tony
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
Structo

Post by Structo »

Hi Tony,
I was recently granted moderator rights in this File section so I will make efforts to make stickys with pertinent information.
Not sure if I can reorganize everything very quickly but I will work on it.

I am taking information from this thread and making a sticky.
Tom

Don't let that smoke out!
groovtubin

3rd gen combo

Post by groovtubin »

Max wrote:
LeftyStrat wrote:I had thought it had to do with circuits.
IMO it has to do with circuits. Please let me explain how by using some examples:

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the 2nd generation look you'll find the "pre-standard" OD circuit and a version of the "pre-classic" tone stack with a Clariostat 500K treble pot and two capacitors soldered to the bass pot: http://ampgarage.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14336

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the 3nd generation look you'll find the "pre-standard" OD circuit and the version of the "pre-classic" tone stack with a CTS 250K treble pot and only one capacitor soldered to the bass pot and Tandy Wire RG59/U foam coax cables (and no longer the Colombia Flexfoam coax cables): http://ampgarage.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14344

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the "transition generation" look you'll find a "standard" OD cicuit, a "classic" tone stack and a "low plate" configuration similar to the circuit shown in this layout (but some with still an accent switch and without a PB relay): http://ampgarage.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14346

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the 4th generation look you'll find a "standard" OD cicuit (some with an internal h. f. taper control trim pot), a "classic" tone stack and a "low plate" configuration similar to the circuit shown in this layout e. g.: http://ampgarage.com/forum/download/file.php?id=14346 or a "high plate" version of the circuit shown in this layout .

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the 5th generation look you'll find a "standard" OD circuit, a "skyline" tone stack and some version of the "high plate" configuration and a precision power supply with or without a choke and white teflon coax cables similar to the circuit shown and discussed in this thread e. g.: http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 400#143400

In more than 50% of the never updated and still all original ODS chassis with the 6th generation look you'll find a "HRM" OD circuit, a "skyline" or "bluesmaster" tone stack (with a bluesmaster PI) and some version of the "high plate" configuration, a precision power supply and white teflon coax cables - the "bluesmaster" version with a circuit similar to the circuit shown in this layout: http://ampgarage.com/forum/download/file.php?id=15545

Cheers,

Max
That 3rd Gen combo i blv belonged to Toto`s guitarist Steve Lukather and was used on the Rosanna solo..Read this in a guitar mag way back, and Steve was talking! Now may be more than one?? But his looked identical.

respectfully, jim@Omegaamps
grtamp

Post by grtamp »

Looks like the cathode cap are 25uF 25V (TVA 1205)
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

This type of amp really interests me. I'm beginning work soon on a JTM 45, but would love to try working on a straightforward clean amp like this design in the future. I'm trying to draw out a layout based on the pictures and the schematic, but I'm only doing so on pencil and paper so it will be far from professional!!!

I'm partially curious about this design because the chassis is arrange with the tubes facing upwards, as opposed to the normal Dumble design of having them point down from the chassis. Drawing out the design this way has been like working backwards from normal ODS drawings!

If anyone else has been working on a layout and would like to share I would be interested to see what you've come up with!

- Matt J.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Thanks M Fowler!!

I was having trouble getting the search function to work at first, thanks so much for posting those links!

Now to start writing out a list of materials! :)

- Matt J.
Matt J

Post by Matt J »

Hey Everyone!

I've been looking over this circuit, and after asking about the correct preamp switching for a 3rd Gen ODS, I've drawn up a layout for the front controls for a Small Special.

I had to reverse the normal layout since this amp was built with the tubes facing upward, so there may be some errors! Please feel free to point out any if you see them! I am not an artist by any means, so I just used Microsoft Paint to draw it up.

Note, I did not label any values for the pots. I know people like to use their ideas and tastes for those, whether linear, 500k or 1M, etc.

- Matt J.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.