Dumble modded bassman on ebay

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ToneMerc

Re: Dumble modded bassman on ebay

Post by ToneMerc »

10thTx wrote:
I think you are forgetting ...it still has the other channel. No extra gain or loop.
What !!!! Gee whiz, that's not nearly as interesting. :? :D

Do you mean that this incredibly brilliant innovative extraordinary and perhaps eccentric man who is shrouded in mystery and folklore of legendary proportions only did something kinda sorta quasi interesting?

:shock:

Sounds like it's a sorta JCM800 topology with Dumble component values with another channel with fenderish(?) topology.

Oh well! With respect, 10thtx
Yep, the modified 6G6B Bassman from a couple of weeks ago was even less interesting. Just because HAD touched it, folks have a tendency to get caught up in the mystique and look for complex stuff that sometimes actually isn't there.

TM
PaisleyTube

Post by PaisleyTube »

anybody seeing a wire going to the 1st 220k mix resistor in front of the PI? I can only see one wire going to the other resistor over there...
Chris
Love, peace & loudness!
stevlech

Post by stevlech »

brown wire from Volume pot- underboard connection.
talbany

Post by talbany »

Just because HAD touched it, folks have a tendency to get caught up in the mystique and look for complex stuff that sometimes actually isn't there.
No truer words have ever been spoken!! :wink:

Tony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
" The psychics on my bench is the same as Dumble'"
dreric

Post by dreric »

jon wrote:So guys as a birthday treat Jelle built me the high gain side of this amp. It was a great night of soldering and listening to Katy Perry.

All kidding asside this is the smoothest high gain monster I have ever been exposed to.
Care to elaborate on what jelle built for you?
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
dreric

Post by dreric »

CHIP wrote:I don't see a mid pot on the front panel, The schematic guesses on this page shows a mid pot. Is the mid pot on the back of the amp? :?

Sorry, I see that he stuck a pot in the input jack hole.
Mid on the back side
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eric
1949 Zenith, Zenith Toggle Recoil, Zenith 55 & 440
jelle

Post by jelle »

dreric wrote:
jon wrote:So guys as a birthday treat Jelle built me the high gain side of this amp. It was a great night of soldering and listening to Katy Perry.

All kidding asside this is the smoothest high gain monster I have ever been exposed to.
Care to elaborate on what jelle built for you?
I can answer that! :D

I did a JCM800 type of thing like the high gain channel of the Bassman in this tread. I had to guess a bunch of values and how things were connected, so a fair amount of guesswork was involved. I basically looked at the pics, made a schem like you guys did, and added my own interpretation to it. I used Jon's JCM800 scratch build that I converted. Hope this helps! jelle
qtone

Post by qtone »

I got a description of the amp as sounding like David Lindley.
It has two channels clean and lead.

Clean side with memory man sounds 3D
Lead side sounded like David Lindley to his ears.

He went on to say he did not want to classify it in the add
as sounding one way or the next as its subjective but if he had to
choose one sound or the other David Lindley was the sound he thought of.

Now that sounds interesting it certainly would set it apart from the recent fender mod that sold...

The description I got in so many words was it was the best overdriven sound he had ever heard and you did not need any pedals it was straight in.

That description does not sound ordinary or common to me.

"The greatest trick the Devil ever played was to give the illusion that he never did exist"

And just like every other amp listed for sale suddenly this year
poof it was gone.....

Maybe the Devil is crazy bout a Mercury ?
:idea:
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

A lot of guess-timates, but here it is any way.

Assume it has errors, schematic is untested.

Aaron
toner

Post by toner »

where is the paint by numbers layout? :-) :P
bepone

Post by bepone »

i have one bassman SF lke a donor , and trying to go this route :P

looking at the pics..and all provided and assumed UP schematics..it is not clear what is going on here around this switch..on bassman there is deep sw here?
left from the sw. this some kind of TONE potentiometer, like made on 18W amps with one pot? i see 47pF, 100k and one more cap, reminds me on one pot TONE ctrl.

p.s. somebody knows what are the real potentiometer functions on "bass" and "normal" channel? on added pots is easy to understood, it is "gain", but the others?
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Looks like the blue mallory is around 4700p (400v) and grounded when the switch is down. That is the master volume control on our left, added gain is on the right of switch.

I will compare cap size with my blue caps and comment after that if someone doesn't have any answer.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It is a rock jazz switch.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
bepone

Post by bepone »

thx , yes, looks like some kind of "half" of it ,.. but this is gain channel and looking the rest of the board, there is no any tone control, only gain :P
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It IS super confusing. All the resistors and the early coupler is part of v1 gain thing.

The TS comes after v2. Looks like its here:
09B23DD3-9BE7-4465-B415-35D3894D7175.jpeg