SRV and his infamous SSS - layout??

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bmcash

SRV and his infamous SSS - layout??

Post by bmcash »

Hi everyone. I am generally new to the forum but have been poking around here for quite sometime.

I see a lot of people making their own version of SSS #2, but I have yet to see anyone make their version of the 150 watt beast that SRV use (black or silver face).

Has anyone made one of these? Is there a schematic or layout? I have not seen one of those either. If I have missed it on the forum -srry about that.

Just curious..

B$
bmcash

Re: SRV and his infamous SSS - layout??

Post by bmcash »

Its the mystery amp. :lol:
mhartman

Re: SRV and his infamous SSS - layout??

Post by mhartman »

Nope. The only SSS schematics/layouts that you will find here are SSS01 (approximation based on a single gutshot picture) and SSS02 (based on a schematic drawn by an owner in Japan and a fuzzy single gutshot picture). All other SSS amps are undocumented (from a forum standpoint). You will also find a fuzzy SSS04 gutshot picture floating around somewhere here. There is a schematic of the Ceriatone SSS with pictures around here as well, but, while some will say that this is based on SSS04, a quick view into the layout will show that it is missing a tube in the mixer section (and, thus, likely is only someone's approximation).