ODS-101-HRM LITE?

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

ontariomaximus

ODS-101-HRM LITE?

Post by ontariomaximus »

I am going to embark on a D build and am going to base it on the ODS-101-HRM. What I want to do is possibly make it simpler. For instance I may get rid of the 1st tonestack and just use the 2 one, but would appreciate any comments as to what options can be excluded and what are essential.
dogears

Re: ODS-101-HRM LITE?

Post by dogears »

You could do this, but it would be a 1 channel OD amp. The front stack is essential for the cleans, IMHO....
ontariomaximus wrote:I am going to embark on a D build and am going to base it on the ODS-101-HRM. What I want to do is possibly make it simpler. For instance I may get rid of the 1st tonestack and just use the 2 one, but would appreciate any comments as to what options can be excluded and what are essential.
ontariomaximus

Post by ontariomaximus »

I agree the tonestack is essential to the cleans BUT the cleans aren't essential to me. I am just wondering what can be left out as the overdrive section will be used about 90% of the time.
mdroberts1243

Eliminating an ODS-HRM tone stack.

Post by mdroberts1243 »

This is an interesting question/problem to me. It is not clear to me whether or not you can get away with just the post distortion stack... Wouldn't the pre-amp tone stack alter the character of the signal enough that it would effect where and how the distortion kicks in?

This is something I've been curious about lately... you read a lot about pushing the tone stack down deeply into the late-stages of the preamp, but also the importance of having tone modifying at each stage is stressed. It seems reasonable that very different 'tone' would result from pre-filtering the clean signal prior to entering the high-gain stages.
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

Remember - the HRM distortion tone is intended to be used ONLY with PAB in effect - which removes almost all of the tone stack from the process.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...