SSS Block Diagram

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

titser_marco

SSS Block Diagram

Post by titser_marco »

I'm thinking of my next project and I was considering doing an SSS style build (sans reverb) and while looking at the schematics, I was wondering if there was a block diagram of the gain stages, tone stacks, filters, and cathode followers for the SSS so I can just make sense of the schematics and see where I would have to make adjustments given that the reverb is now out. thanks!
Shockway

Re: SSS Block Diagram

Post by Shockway »

Hey, titser_marco

Well, it's a lot of work, but consider redrawing the Japanese hand written schematic. In doing so, One is forced to make sense of the design. Not the answer any of us wanted to hear; I had asked the same question. So welcome to the Club. We got shirts and hats. LOL I'm actually in the middle of redrawing the hand written schematic, just now. When I'm done, I'd be happy to share. Here's the thing - if everyone's work is derivative, how are we going find the authentic.

I say make the commitment and take the journey. Build an SSS

It's like when Darth Vader says to Luke, " I see you have constructed your own light saber. Indeed your skills as a Jedi are complete - Obi-Wan has taught you well."

So I see you have constructed your own Dumble . . .

Cheers,
Steve
Roe

Post by Roe »

titser_marco wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:12 am I'm thinking of my next project and I was considering doing an SSS style build (sans reverb)
Nice project - like a winterland or dumbleland?
www.myspace.com/20bonesband
www.myspace.com/prostitutes
Express, Comet 60, Jtm45, jtm50, jmp50, 6g6b, vibroverb, champster, alessandro rottweiler
4x12" w/H75s
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

This is the block diagram for ODS #121 which might be of some use to you.

Aaron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
martin manning

Post by martin manning »

The sketch says OD-150W, s/n: #012. Is that a typo in your post?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

martin manning wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:42 pm The sketch says OD-150W, s/n: #012. Is that a typo in your post?
I think the "Dumble OD-150W, s/n:#012" was written by someone else for their own records. The letters are different to the ones in the block diagram. I'm no CSI so don't quote me. They might have left it out accidentally? It's from the Aspen Pittman book.

Aaron
Shockway

Post by Shockway »

To: titser_marco

I just posted a schematic titled: Steve Shockway's Interpretation of the Japanese Drawing of SSS-002.

I drew this schematic in a fashion which depicts functional blocks but it still a schematic. The attached file is a PDF which can be zoomed into for part values and zoomed out of to view functional relationships between circuit blocks.

Cheers,

Steve
Max

Post by Max »

Aaron wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:57 pm ... It's from the Aspen Pittman book. ...
A transcript is here https://schematicheaven.net/dumbleamps/dblock.pdf since many many years.

Cheers,

Max