Super Reverb Conversion

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

heisthl

Re: Super Reverb Conversion

Post by heisthl »

try SoundSpeakerRepair.com and see if they make a recone kit. It's around $100, they pre attach the cone and voicecoil/spyder and send you the glue and an alignment shim so you can do the rest yourself. I've done this on the "D" series but am not sure if they have kits for the "G"
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
fuzzface

What is this wire?

Post by fuzzface »

Hi...
What is very thin blue and red wire wrap around Brown wire?

Thanks
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Those wires go to the front panel LEDs for Reverb,Overdrive,Clean boost and Mid boost. The same LEDs are on the footswitch too, but I like them on the panel if there's room. This amp has panel switches so you can run it without the footswitch and it's nice to have the indicators.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
ottomatic

weber recones are $80 for select jbls

Post by ottomatic »

check out weber or other reconers in your neck of the woods
steeve_a

Question on an old thread here

Post by steeve_a »

I must be missing something because I don't see how the signal from the reverb circuit is returned to the audio signal path... Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Steve Ahola
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Goes to the PI input. Looks like reverb is mixed across a 220K resistor.
wavetuner

How well does the effects loop and reverb mix work together?

Post by wavetuner »

I am about to depart on a similar project. The donor amp on the bench is a Fender PA 100. I am new to the Dumble forum so I'm going to make the "basic" ODS PCB you collectively have documented so well, and wire it up to get more acquainted with the switching and the preamp. Thanks for the awesome contributions! The other 3 tubes beg to be used for a dumbleator and a spring reverb.

How well does this overall scenario work out? Is the effects loop compromised by the reverb integration in the same chassis? I believe Dumble has created an integrated model similiar to this in concept. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. I am a newbie to the Dumble world but not the Fender one or VT electronics. It is the sound I have been chasing a very long time!

Thanks, Jim

With a foundational pallet like this, it will be hard to set my ax down!