HRM CHAMP

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Johnhenry

Re: HRM CHAMP

Post by Johnhenry »

Look's Very good in the Cab, Hope you can add a sound Clip Heisthl, Your Work Speak's for itself, Sweet !
Thank's for the Layout.
Johnhenry
Mastervolume

Post by Mastervolume »

I wish you were my neighbor......
should there be sparks?
robertkoa

Tones of Champ /Dumble

Post by robertkoa »

Cool - can that type of build be effective with a low wattage power section, say 1 0r 2 6AQ5's to be used as a very toneful home recording amp,possibly with a tap for simultaneous direct recording while running a speaker? Is there enough gain in the pre to "sing" even at low volume and low wattage ?
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Wow - I forgot all about this amp - some local guy uses it to play coffee houses - sounds great even at really low volumes both clean and overdriven. That said, I wouldn't build another one like this - the external Reverb/effects loop was a total nightmare to build.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
El_Martin

Post by El_Martin »

Well, I decided to do a Dumble variation starting from you layout, Henry!
(TNX for sharing it btw ;-) I also adopted your idea to use a can cap to save some space.

Had the good(?) idea to include an active tube loop.
Since the chassis is quite small 35cm x 19cm (approx. 14"x8"), things started to be complicated.
The board is partly completed and does not include the components for the loop.

Please, have a look at the included pic. I've put 1DM coin and piece of aluminum, where I am planning the additional noval sockets.
I plan on using a x-mounted universal NSC F'nder 50 W replacement for Power and a Hammond 50 W OT (1750M w. 2/4/8 Ohm).
The required components would be poin-to-point wired around the loop tube or on a small daughter board .
Left from the power tubes is some uncovered real estate...

I am not afraid of crammed HV amps, but I don't need to do each and every mistake...

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Ciao
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
M Fowler

Post by M Fowler »

Henry,

You built another great looking amp. :) I too was wonder about your knobs I had commented on another thread I liked them. I had looked at that ebay supplier before but hesitated because from other sources I have gotten such bad knobs sometimes no set screw other times they turnout on with slight pressure.

Funny we think alike us guys because I was also going to ask if the front panels are vinyl fused to backer plate. I got a local vinyl graphic shop that is aching to make me some plates but I have been using engraved aluminun from frontpanelexpress.com which can get spendy for set of front and rear plates.

Thanks for the layout as well not sure that I will build one but added it to my collection :)

Mark
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

You can save even more room by using a vibrolux type power transformer (with the tube rectifier taps) so you have relay power. Here's a small PS layout that is small enough for the side wall. Be sure to use heavy duty ultra fast diodes for the B+.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.RedPlateAmps.com
El_Martin

Post by El_Martin »

TNX for the input, Henry!

The above mentioned PT has 5V supply, and a 50 V tap on the HV winding.

I thought to use the noval close to the board for PI and the noval closest to the octals as the loop tube. Whats your proposal for placing the loop tube, if I dare ask?

Ciao
Martin
PS: I should open up a new fred in the right section, I guess... :oops:
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

Tube placement kind of depends on what your loop components layout looks like. IMHO I would build a small d'lator and stick it in the bottom of the combo cab instead of crowding an already crowded build..
www.RedPlateAmps.com
El_Martin

Post by El_Martin »

TNX again, Henry!

Ciao
Martin
sidehatch

Post by sidehatch »

I really NEED an amp like this: Something small,lightweight,poratable with clean and your OD channel.

I have had some SERIOUS financial problems lately and am in the middle of consolidations.

Hopefully in a few months I'll be in a situtaion to get a custom build.

keep up the great work as usual!!!