Original SSS Chassis Design

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

rccolgan

Original SSS Chassis Design

Post by rccolgan »

I'm working on contracting out getting a few SSS #004 chassis mades and my question is, does anyone know the kind of chassis nuts used on the early SSS's? As well as distance measurements? Attaching a few pictures of what I made up so far and pics I'm using for reference. I was originally thinking it might be Fender's 5" spacing but the top pics of the original seem further apart.. AutoCAD work is my own and once I'm done I'll share all files. The preamp layout is a little bit different for what I want to build but for the forum I'll modify and upload the master "SSS top view" tube layout. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryan
https://www.thetonegeek.com/
AndrewCgolden

Re: Original SSS Chassis Design

Post by AndrewCgolden »

Any chance you could share the autocad file with me?
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

I have one of the SSS chassis that rj had made up when he was diving down the SSS rabbit hole. It is still blank and could be measured for any of the dimensions you need. If this is good enough, I have the source for measurements.
Sorry I am not sure about the mounting hardware. If you are interested, I'll post some pics of it later.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
AndrewCgolden

Post by AndrewCgolden »

I'm interested!!