High filter switch option

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dpin

High filter switch option

Post by dpin »

I had a couple of these Radio Shack 6 position rotary switches sitting around and decided to use 2 of them for the SSS filters.
The bass filter wiring was simple and predictable, but I had to take a second to figure out how to do the treble switch.
I have seen where the use of a different switch requires tying off the one side of all of the caps to a common point, but this option doesn't require that.
You do lose one position by using this switch.

The switch has 2 individual, isolated poles that are common to 6 positions per pole.
By wiring the switch this way, each cap has it's own connection at each leg and the 2 poles are used for and "in" and an "out"

My pic also reflects the work of Martin Manning (http://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=30118) in the manner in which the switch positions are arranged, except I didn't leave a position for "no connection" (pos. #7 in Martin's drawing)
If you wire it the way I show it in the pic, the treble will increase as you turn the switch clockwise.
cap switch option.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.