where did I find this?

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

beezerboy

where did I find this?

Post by beezerboy »

like it says... were? I copied it to my computer some time ago but there is no information with it... lost in a computer change I guess. it looks like a really interesting amp & I'm thinkin a 6v6 would be a good next project
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beezerboy

Re: where did I find this?

Post by beezerboy »

so anyway.... good bad indifferent? changes you would make. suggestions on things like... transformers. anything else?
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

That looks like one of the ExpressSCH editable schematics I drew up some years ago. However, I don't know if that is an actual one I drew or if someone edited one I drew and made that? I have not built that amp, but I think it would be a good design. I have used "one tube reverbs" on a number of amps with success.

I think if you're using 6V6's, I'd consider a PT that is 300-0-300 with 140ma or more. On my Tweed BluezMeister and my Carolina Overdrive Special, I use a Hammond 272FX which is a stand up PT which gave me plenty of room in the chassis. And both builds are cathode biased, so I can simply change between 6V6 and 5881 tubes without re-biasing. I found if I used a 100uf cathode cap on power tubes, that it somewhat emulates a fixed biased tone.

https://www.tubesandmore.com/products/t ... 0-v-172-ma

Then you could use a GZ34 for 300 x 1.3 = 390v on the plates. OR a solid state plug in rectifier for 300 x 1.4 = 420v on plates.

With respect, 10thtx
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

OK, I did find my old copy of that SCH drawing. I would consider these changes IF I were building it. The changes are based on what I learned in my two builds mentioned in the previous post.

I've attached the editable version for you.

With respect, 10thtx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
10thTx

Post by 10thTx »

Or you could use an active FX instead of reverb and then use delay or reverb in the FX. The PT and B+ rail are on the 2nd page of the SCH attachment.

With respect, 10thtx
beezerboy

Post by beezerboy »

very nice.... thank you
jam-mill

Post by jam-mill »

John 15:12-13