Footswitch-able FET Boost

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

martin manning

Re: Footswitch-able FET Boost

Post by martin manning »

Nice compact board. I'll be interested to hear how you bias the FET, and whether you prefer a clean boost or added distortion from the FET. The FET bias document has updated info, if you haven seen it yet.
didit

Post by didit »

Hello --
martin manning wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:08 pm Nice compact board. I'll be interested to hear how you bias the FET, and whether you prefer a clean boost or added distortion. The FET bias document has updated info, if you haven seen it yet.
First application will be in a 6G2 derived design. Goals are mixed: first off a clean boost to fatten up Fender single-coils; however firmer push into distortion also an inspiration aspiration. Absolute plans to make use of your fine biasing guidance. For the moment bench time is scarce. I can listen to Zoom calls while also drawing schematics and PCB layouts. Stuffing and soldering work is in a space with no screens. If all proves in will share more details, including any surplus PCBs if there's interest. Perhaps you'd noted, layout is arranged for easy installation with either PCB trimmer or faceplate mounted pot+switch for level adjustment.

Best .. Ian
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Looks nice Ian.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
didit

Post by didit »

Hello --

Thanks Tony. And belated thanks to Martin too. You are a bit too kind as it's still WiP, requiring at least a few more revs (hopefully only in eCAD) to be called OK.

Best .. Ian