Reverb for small chassis

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

heisthl

Reverb for small chassis

Post by heisthl »

Another 40 watt Champ. I guess I have a fascination for litttle amps that sound big. This is one I'm donating to the Blues Foundation for their silent auction they hold on the Blues Cruise. I wanted reverb in it so Harp players would like it but there was no room so I added a 4 x 6 Hammond box for a 2 tube reverb. The B+ and heaters are coming from the main amp transformer, the box just has the 2 tubes, reverb circuitry and the transformer. I found a 500 foot spool of the unique white cable on the neighbors curb when he moved. He was a internet/security cable installer and the cable says Wal-Mart security on it. It has 2 18guage twisted pair married to a really nice copper covered coax. I used 2 runs - 1 has heater and input to reverb the other has B+, ground and the return signal for the front panel mounted Reverb control. The Reverb pot has a switch so when you put it on 0 it takes it out of the circuit. This amp is NON-HRM and really sounds great.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by heisthl on Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
heisthl

Re: Reverb for small chassis

Post by heisthl »

more pix
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
tonelab2

Post by tonelab2 »

LOL It looks great.. I love the faceplate. Such a small package but I bet it sounds huge. I'm inspired by your builds. Thanks for sharing. :D
mat

Post by mat »

Amazing heisthl... amazing :shock: Too cool 8) 8)
mat