Steel String Singer #001/#002/#004 Layout/Schematics

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

jazzbass

Re: Steel String Singer #001/#002/#004 Layout/Schematics

Post by jazzbass »

bluesoverlord wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:00 pm I’m about to buy SSS #002 chassis from Ryan’s fabricator, but as he states on his excellent site, it’s a lot of cost savings buying 10 vs just 2. So, if I can get 8 people that want one, I will just go ahead and buy 10 and pass them on at cost plus shipping because the savings makes it worth my time.

The cost is $125 each. Packing and shipping will vary depending your location. I’d want to do only one or two bulk mailings (otherwise it becomes a lot more work and the cost/time savings become less, if you get my drift).

Let me know!
I am in for one chassis, let me know if we reach 10 chassis.

Franco
franco mezzalira
nwilderman

Post by nwilderman »

erwin_ve wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 7:20 am
nwilderman wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 1:40 am
rccolgan wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:03 pm

Chris Nichols on one of the Dumble Facebook groups is also organizing a group buy for the P2P chassis that utilizes the Hoffman boards. It might be worth sync'ing with him if you're looking for the original design. I am working on a revised chassis design now that optimizes for Erwin's PCBs. The plan is to offer a combo purchase of a chassis + PCB once everything is confirmed. More details in a couple of weeks and I'll start a thread specific to it. Hope this helps!
I was looking into purchasing a chassis for a build but I recently saw this post, I was wondering if there was any update to this plan of offering combo purchases of revised chassis and if its occurring in the Facebook group if it could be linked here please? I was also wondering do these revised chassis designs accommodate SSS 002 and SSS 004 style builds or only SSS 002 builds. Thanks in advance.
Hi, I know Ryan is on top of this. We both are building this updated Chassis Pcb combination as a prototype to see if we encounter problems and the need for revisions on both chassis and pcb.
I ordered locally a batch of chassis, powdercoated/silkscreened. I expect them to be finished in 3-4 weeks. Ryan is building in a scrap chassis as we speak. You can check his YouTube channel The tone geek for updates..
Below a pic of my current build status.
As for #004. they are not interchangeable with the #002 pcb.

Erwin
That sounds amazing and the build looks great as well. You'll have to count me in for one of the chassis. Looking forward to seeing some more of your development!
bluesoverlord

Post by bluesoverlord »

Ok, I need to make sure those who want chassis are clear on what is happening here, although I might be confused.. :roll:

I offered to add people to my chassis order of 10, but then Ryan informed me that there is a Facebook “group” putting together a group buy as well. We could all get together for a mass buy....... but then he (Ryan and Erwin) have a PCB version brewing with an updated chassis. To this I stated I would like to wait on buying my order and just go in with Ryan for the new design chassis and a set of boards.

So, I’m waiting to hear back from Ryan so I can buy 2 sets....and In the end, also a donation to his website for all the hard work....because that’s what it was, a crap-load of work on his part. I just marvel at all you talented people here.

Steve
AndrewCgolden

Post by AndrewCgolden »

Did anything happen with this chassis purchase plan? I'd like to buy the chassis for a SSS build...
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

AndrewCgolden wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:24 pm Did anything happen with this chassis purchase plan? I'd like to buy the chassis for a SSS build...
https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=33380
xf_analog

Post by xf_analog »

Hello

Can I use an accutronics 9AB2A1B tank instead of the one recommended in the layouts?

Thanks
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

xf_analog wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:18 pm Hello

Can I use an accutronics 9AB2A1B tank instead of the one recommended in the layouts?

Thanks
Yes you can.
See specs below:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farinasa

Post by farinasa »

erwin_ve wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:14 am This is a exciting thread!
Colgan posted the entire chassis project on github so I decided to do a PCB design that would match his chassis dimensions and holes.
The plan is to make this pcb available as gerber files which are used for PCB production.
Teaser:
This would be absolutely amazing. Did you ultimately decide against posting the files or are they available somewhere? I tried searching the forum and couldn't find them.

Also, I'm new here and just want to express my admiration and gratitude for all the work that has been accomplished in these efforts. Seriously amazing stuff!
erwin_ve

Post by erwin_ve »

farinasa wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:58 pm
erwin_ve wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:14 am This is a exciting thread!
Colgan posted the entire chassis project on github so I decided to do a PCB design that would match his chassis dimensions and holes.
The plan is to make this pcb available as gerber files which are used for PCB production.
Teaser:
This would be absolutely amazing. Did you ultimately decide against posting the files or are they available somewhere? I tried searching the forum and couldn't find them.

Also, I'm new here and just want to express my admiration and gratitude for all the work that has been accomplished in these efforts. Seriously amazing stuff!
The chassis files and eyelet boards files are available for anyone.
I decided to not share the pcb files. The pcb take out many hrs of building time. This would be a easy target for any commercial builder. That is not what this forum is about.
The chassis and it's pcb itself can be obtained at the sale section of this forum.
farinasa

Post by farinasa »

erwin_ve wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:38 am This would be a easy target for any commercial builder.
Ah, yeah that's a good point. Thanks for the clarification and all your hard work!