BM_Build in a Funk_Chassis

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

heisthl

BM_Build in a Funk_Chassis

Post by heisthl »

Just finished this one, haven't heard it yet. It got the BM stack,PI and PAB. If there's sufficient interest I'll post the schematic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Former owner of Music Mechanix
www.RedPlateAmps.com
heisthl

Re: BM_Build in a Funk_Chassis

Post by heisthl »

More Pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
www.RedPlateAmps.com
jelle

Post by jelle »

Please post the schem...

TIA!

Jelle

:D
mat

Post by mat »

Wow :shock: Gorgeous !

Is there an half power switch in the back ? Does it have two masters ? Yes it would be cool to see the schem 8)
mat
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

For those of you that "paint by numbers" there is an error in the photos - the bias caps are backwards (aaaaargh!!!!) luckily I caught this before I powered it on. With no tweaking at all this thing sounds amazing - good enough to post the schematic as built. It has a much fuller clean tone (read hotter) and the OD is very respectable (maybe a touch bright, but not annoyingly so) until you hit the boost and then its incredible, in a very non-HRM kind of way. Set the entance to about 50% and the timmers to 40%T, 55%M and 65%B.
www.RedPlateAmps.com
mdroberts1243

Post by mdroberts1243 »

heisthl wrote:For those of you that "paint by numbers" there is an error in the photos - the bias caps are backwards (aaaaargh!!!!) luckily I caught this before I powered it on. With no tweaking at all this thing sounds amazing - good enough to post the schematic as built. It has a much fuller clean tone (read hotter) and the OD is very respectable (maybe a touch bright, but not annoyingly so) until you hit the boost and then its incredible, in a very non-HRM kind of way. Set the entance to about 50% and the timmers to 40%T, 55%M and 65%B.
Heisthl,
Did you try the 0.01 coupler into the HRM yet?
Any comments on the difference with/without?
Thanks,
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
mdroberts1243

Post by mdroberts1243 »

In the schematic you show the NFB resistor coming off of the 4 ohm tap... I understood that this should change to 8 ohm when you go for 100k???

Your Bias supply is different than others I've seen... was more range required? Or is the transformer tap a different voltage?

Thanks,
-mark.
My tube blog & link directory: http://tubenexus.com
Cause & Effect Pedals FET Dream and Dumble Style Chassis
dogears

Post by dogears »

NFB is off of 4 ohm tap in the BM. Using the 8 ohm tap can tame a 50 watt BM build... This is a 100 watter.
mdroberts1243 wrote:In the schematic you show the NFB resistor coming off of the 4 ohm tap... I understood that this should change to 8 ohm when you go for 100k???

Your Bias supply is different than others I've seen... was more range required? Or is the transformer tap a different voltage?

Thanks,
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

mdroberts1243 wrote: Heisthl,
Did you try the 0.01 coupler into the HRM yet?
Thanks,
I didn't try a cap there, as I said the HRM is maybe as touch bright and this would only emphasize that.
mdroberts1243 wrote: In the schematic you show the NFB resistor coming off of the 4 ohm tap... I understood that this should change to 8 ohm when you go for 100k???

I wanted the extra gain so I used the 4 ohm tap for presence (many Marshalls do this). The bias is HAD's more modern design - 47uf as a first filter and another 47uf on the trim output. He used 3k9 feed with 24k trimmer tail, I used 3k3/27k.
www.RedPlateAmps.com
dogears

Post by dogears »

You used the 47pf on the low gain network. I don't think it is there in the BM.... Try removing.
heisthl wrote:For those of you that "paint by numbers" there is an error in the photos - the bias caps are backwards (aaaaargh!!!!) luckily I caught this before I powered it on. With no tweaking at all this thing sounds amazing - good enough to post the schematic as built. It has a much fuller clean tone (read hotter) and the OD is very respectable (maybe a touch bright, but not annoyingly so) until you hit the boost and then its incredible, in a very non-HRM kind of way. Set the entance to about 50% and the timmers to 40%T, 55%M and 65%B.
JimiB

Post by JimiB »

very nice!
mlp-mx6

Post by mlp-mx6 »

mdroberts1243 wrote:Did you try the 0.01 coupler into the HRM yet?
Thanks,
I tried that in one of my builds. Hated it. IMMEDIATELY went back to no cap feeding the HRM stack. It made it thin, shrill, and harsh. Like a bad distortion pedal.
Wife: How many amps do you need?
Me: Just one more...
mat

Post by mat »

15 differencies + wiring differencies on the preamp section only comparing to my HRM BM build :shock:

Heisthl, how much is Your B+1 ?
mat
heisthl

Post by heisthl »

mat wrote:15 differencies + wiring differencies on the preamp section only comparing to my HRM BM build :shock:

www.RedPlateAmps.com
mat

Post by mat »

heisthl wrote:
mat wrote:15 differencies + wiring differencies on the preamp section only comparing to my HRM BM build :shock:

I have 485 on my build. I might try another PT for the fun. I noticed on Your schem that You have 177 on the V1a plate. Is it something to shoot for on this kind of schem ?
mat