Ultraphonix adventure

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

bepone

Re: Ultraphonix adventure

Post by bepone »

brought home another acquisition.. will be another UP in the future :P
bassman.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepone

Post by bepone »

for the previous 50W amp not the new one here, it is too early :lol: just to confirm,
this JCM800 scheme with more gain (180k-130k in anodes) with little bit more compression (150k-82k follower) is working so great with both type of guitar Strat-LP, that there is no need for other "UP" mods..tested today with two completely different players, and i heard unique and impressive sounds!
bepone

Post by bepone »

brought another one... :mrgreen:

68' BF to SF transition, mint condition inside, all capacitors original - good sign , only someone transfer it to new cab..and put plexi in front.. a little bit tolex /wood/grill cloth + another ultraphonisation will happen! 8)
bassman 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bepone

Post by bepone »

great unmolested condition for 55.yr old amp.. good starting position
IMG-20230313-WA0025.jpg
bepone

Post by bepone »

one more turn ongoing.. boards removed for cleaning.. but also wiring is old, green copper at the ends , so maybe i will redo all the wiring
UP.jpg
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

It is addictive :lol:
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Mark

Post by Mark »

I would be wary of using the fibre boards as they can be conductive and can turn the build into a nightmare.

I rebuilt a Bassman 100 for my brother, the chief issue was the circuit card being conductive, I have a 60’s Bandmaster with the same issue. I have previously cleaned the board and put it into a low temp oven to no avail.

I wonder if a Bassman chassis would offer great flexibility?

http://www.solandfa.com/products-Bassma ... is-Kit.asp
Yours Sincerely

Mark Abbott
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Just need 4 novals and whatever else you want.
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

bepone wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:53 am one more turn ongoing.. boards removed for cleaning.. but also wiring is old, green copper at the ends , so maybe i will redo all the wiring
UP.jpg

You should with one amp up with CF master. This setup is tremendous tone monster fatness.

1M pot, .22u, 12k off the CF.

Would be PERFECT for a channel switching version.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Let's keep this always in mind.

bepone

Post by bepone »

Reeltarded wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:31 pm It is addictive :lol:
yes, it is! :mrgreen:
bepone

Post by bepone »

Mark wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 1:17 pm I would be wary of using the fibre boards as they can be conductive and can turn the build into a nightmare.

I rebuilt a Bassman 100 for my brother, the chief issue was the circuit card being conductive, I have a 60’s Bandmaster with the same issue. I have previously cleaned the board and put it into a low temp oven to no avail.

I wonder if a Bassman chassis would offer great flexibility?

http://www.solandfa.com/products-Bassma ... is-Kit.asp
thats why i clean it with several hands of acetone + dry with the heat gun.. and protect with plastic spray..but this example of bassman was allready ok, working and kept in the dry place :wink:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

I just reconfigured a marshall front end to very similar except has second gain control, 220k off first gain, and 470p peaker left in place.

It is an animal.

Going to remove peaker to see if I can live without it.
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Also, I will stick a CF master in this amp and let you know how that works.
bepone

Post by bepone »

boards cleaned, drilling new holes for eyelets to follow the same HAD's layout..material composition chosen to be full vintage..dralorics, MK3s, orange drops..some new MOX'es also. 8)
brd.jpg