Manzamp - Revisited!

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

dorrisant

Manzamp - Revisited!

Post by dorrisant »

Hello to all...

As a mission to fill a void, I have been working out a better layout than the original for the Manzamp. Not to take anything away from ic-racer, his build was emaculate!!

https://ampgarage.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19782

Kuddos to him for all of his efforts. Problem is, most of his photos are gone. I have tapped a source and now have them. First, I present the schematics considered in the above post, then the layout and PCB traces. Note: between the two schematics you can derive the voltages as well as the part numbers for the TX set. I am posting the datasheets for specs only.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
dorrisant

Re: Manzamp - Revisited!

Post by dorrisant »

Manzamp Layout.png
The wiring layout is a DIYLC layout over an image of the trace. I left out the AC connections, OT output and fusing schemes. Use what works for you. Let me know if you see any errors and I will correct them and repost here. Don't forget about the two 5 Ohm 20 Watt resistors and diodes that are installed in each of the HT taps between the PT and rectifier.

In the PCB layout, I modified it to conform to the schematic. I made the pin spacing 10mm for the reservoir caps and 7.5mm for the rest of the power supply electrolytics. All through holes are 1mm and the eyelet holes are .125". The boards are 11" x 2.75". I will probably make a few of these PCBs. I will CNC engrave them on copper clad. Email me if interested (address on layout). Otherwise, grab the .rar file for several file forms to use for your own iteration. The PDF and DXF files should be 1:1. Let me know if there is another file form to be added.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by dorrisant on Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned" - Enzo
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

Now for the pics...

Arrange them how you see fit. I'm dumping them in alphabetical order.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...

NOTE: The PCB layout in this post is earlier work that has an error in it. I would not suggest using this. I just posted it for authenticity.
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

More...
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »

This is the last of it. Sorry if there were any duplicates. Enjoy!! I'm goin' to bed now. :wink:
Reeltarded

Post by Reeltarded »

Wow. Until I heard UP this was my favorite clean amp.

That is amazing. Seriously great work!
Signatures have a 255 character limit that I could abuse, but I am not Cecil B. DeMille.
dcribbs1412

Post by dcribbs1412 »

Outstanding!
Thank you for compiling this.

D
pompeiisneaks
Site Admin

Post by pompeiisneaks »

Stickied! Outstanding detail and work, hope we see a ton of builds :)

~Phil
tUber Nerd!
dorrisant

Post by dorrisant »