Dumble brands components list

Overdrive Special, Steel String Singer, Dumbleland, Odyssey, Winterland, etc. -
Members Only

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Dumble1

Dumble brands components list

Post by Dumble1 »

Hello everybody,

I am new in this forum , longtime player and short time builder :?
Fascinated by Dumble amp for decades although never build one because lack of knowledges . So with time I learn from you step by step. A long path full of humility and still a long way to go. I decided to try a build as I understood he modeled tone by hear instead of fixed components values, it’s a good way to shape my own tone.
I try to grab what I need to build my dream amp ,
The Velvet Glove of Tony Albany.
I have 2 questions :
1) Can we dress with confirmation the brand of components used by Mr Dumble ? And even with difficulty but where to source them (if still possible) or part of them ? Did Mr Dumble use some brand for some specific model ? Or era without model distinction in function of availability ?
2) As a big Stevie’s fan I was totally blown away years ago with the YouTube video of the Dumbleland test ,
The only close sound I found was the Velvet Glove of Tony Albany, my ultimate wish and goal would be to build one .
I tried to contact Tony trough forum without any success.
Does someone know if he’s still around or could personnaly contact him for me ?
Or could someone help me to collect concrete informations to build his amp ?
I still have ton of questions regarding Dumble amp but I prefer go step by step. The journey is fantastic.
Any help is welcome and I would be grateful :wink:
Thank you very much !

Kindest regards
Mark
Tone is soul … gear helps to speak soul language
ijedouglas

Re: Dumble brands components list

Post by ijedouglas »

Dumble1 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 5:02 pm Hello everybody,

I am new in this forum , longtime player and short time builder :?
Fascinated by Dumble amp for decades although never build one because lack of knowledges . So with time I learn from you step by step. A long path full of humility and still a long way to go. I decided to try a build as I understood he modeled tone by hear instead of fixed components values, it’s a good way to shape my own tone.
I try to grab what I need to build my dream amp ,
The Velvet Glove of Tony Albany.
I have 2 questions :
1) Can we dress with confirmation the brand of components used by Mr Dumble ? And even with difficulty but where to source them (if still possible) or part of them ? Did Mr Dumble use some brand for some specific model ? Or era without model distinction in function of availability ?
2) As a big Stevie’s fan I was totally blown away years ago with the YouTube video of the Dumbleland test ,
The only close sound I found was the Velvet Glove of Tony Albany, my ultimate wish and goal would be to build one .
I tried to contact Tony trough forum without any success.
Does someone know if he’s still around or could personnaly contact him for me ?
Or could someone help me to collect concrete informations to build his amp ?
I still have ton of questions regarding Dumble amp but I prefer go step by step. The journey is fantastic.
Any help is welcome and I would be grateful :wink:
Thank you very much !

Kindest regards
Mark
Hi Mark,

I have not seen Tony on the forum lately and I know the messaging system does not notify you so you may be out of luck until he checks in again (

Regarding the parts, there is an absolute wealth of information on the exact parts that Mr Dumble used already on this forum (even down to specific date codes), the search bar (Google Search bar to be specific) is your friend. A little bit of elbow grease and you will be richly rewarded :)

Admins, can we move this thread to the Discussion section?
Ian
xtian

Post by xtian »

ijedouglas wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 8:07 pmAdmins, can we move this thread to the Discussion section?
Done.
I build and repair tube amps. http://amps.monkeymatic.com
Dumble1

Post by Dumble1 »

Hello ,
Thank you for the kind reply ,
Apologize if I posted in the wrong section, I understood it early after but didn’t know how to do to move it in another section.
About components I was not lazzy :wink: just I have not yet studied all the post .
Anyway thank you ! And if someone got any news from Tony Albany I would be grateful to be posted if possible.

Thank you very much
Mark
Tone is soul … gear helps to speak soul language