Dumble Pics

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

Craig Reid

Re: Dumble Pics

Post by Craig Reid »

Nigel

Sure. When I get my build done, we will have to A/B them together just for giggles. Hmmm, Funk has me thinking that I should try a 100W Marshall PT just for comparison. Always happy to stand on the shoulders of giants. hehe

Funk

Just BTW, I measured the B+ at the first filter cap on Nigels amp and it was 451VDC under no-load conditions. You mentioned that you thought is was ~400V. I took all the voltage measurements ... Oh, you know ... just while I was in there. :)

On that note, I have to ask you about the OD entrance values you used of 470K||.0047uF. That cap is 100x the size of the most typical value for the Hybrid A. Is that something you arrived at thru experimentation?

Craig
Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

that is actually a 4M7, it's only there to prevent popping, it's a "Trick" I got from Gil AYAN, The amp was originally shipped without that, but the original owner wanted to tame the High's a bit, so I suggested that mod.

450 VDC sounds about right with no load(amp on stand-by), you lose about 10%. IT also is dependent on the mains voltage, I get about 122vac out of my wall so stuff tends to be a tad higher in my house.

It's been a couple years, forgive me for not remembering the exact voltages :D
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
adlibmusic

Post by adlibmusic »

Normster wrote:Actually Funkalicious, I think I know where one of the other chassis went. :lol:
[img:909:395]http://bad-domain/6V6_ODS/DSC02255.JPG[/img]
Would that be this one? :mrgreen:
[img:768:512]http://www.adlibmusic.net/normster_amps ... G_3866.JPG[/img]
[/img]
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

v-verb wrote:One more thing - Pete A/B'ed this amp against 2 Two Rock Signatures.

The Groovemeister (can I call it that?) was clearly the best of the 3. Pete owned one of the Sigs and sold it soon after.

The other Sig owner looked pretty shocked that a "clone" humbled his pricey Trock Sig so badly.

True story!
Guys,

Just to clarify things. I didn't know that FG (Brandon) had built my D Clone.

I've since chatted with him a couple of times and he's absolutely great to talk to and very sicere in his quest to build the best amps possible - not just D clones!!

As a tiny bit of background, I've been on the Les Paul forum and the Gear page for years as v-verb. I've had literally dozens of incredible amps - vintage and boutique.

And the best of all of them are: the D Clone built by Brandon, and my Komet proto tweaked by Ken Fischer.

You can quote me on that.

Cheers

Nigel