Dumble Pics

Dumble schematics, designs, pictures. Only members may post files here.

Moderators: pompeiisneaks, Colossal

v00d00blues79

Dumble Pics

Post by v00d00blues79 »

Here's some gut shots...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
blargh

Re: Dumble Pics

Post by blargh »

Some Winterland (#0003) gut shots...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
v-verb

BF Clone Pic

Post by v-verb »

Funkalicousgroove

Post by Funkalicousgroove »

Hmmm..... I think I've seen that chassis before, but where.......???
Owner/Solder Jockey Bludotone Amp Works
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

Got it in a trade - not sure of the history behind it. Heard that 2 were made - 1 with Fender Trannies, the other with Dynacos - this one has the Dynacos. Got the 2-12 cab as well loaded with Tone Tubbies - the EV's were removed.

Cost me a LOT in trade, but it and my special Komet are the best amps I've played period out of many dozens of boutique and vintage stuff.

Funkalicousgroove, do you have any background behind this amp? I've heard that GDS may have been involved - but am not sure at all.

Cheers

Nigel
Craig Reid

Post by Craig Reid »

Nigel

Oh, that is so funny! I think I recognize that amp, too!

So is this the amp that Pete F. would never trade? I'm not sure who is the bigger gear junkie, you or him. Unbelievable!

Just to add to what Nigel said, this is far and away the best Dumble-style amp I have ever heard. I don't know if it is the Dynaco DO-100 OT (from MM) or what, but this thing has this HUGE clean sound! Really hi-fi without sounding sterile. You can set up for a pristine clean sound and roll your guitar volume up and it will just bloom into feedback while still staying clean. The best example I have heard of that in any amp!

Congrats, ya dog!

Craig
Funkalicousgroove

I Built that amp, I know because it has both "Content" and "Ratio" knobs. It's built into a GDS Chassis that was supplied to me by the original owner. It has a Fender Hi-Power Twin PT (400V on the plates) and a Mercury DO100 OT(Like $400 OUCH!!!) IT also has provisions for 4 preamp tubes but the second hole is plugged.Did you get it from a fellow in allen park Michigan?
Craig Reid

Post by Craig Reid »

Funk

You do good work my friend! I love that amp.

So what made you decide to try the Dynaco OT?

My buddy Pete Faragher had the amp before Nigel. I believe he was the guy that bought it from your friend in Allen Park. You might be interested to know it now resides in Toronto, where the two gear monsters, Nigel and Pete lie in wait and spend next months pay in the eternal quest for tone. :D

I'm not worthy and stopped trying to keep up with the boys. :(

BTW, I have to fess up and tell you I had a little peek under the hood. Very pretty.

The chassis I PM'ed you about last week is currently planned to get the same treatment, including the MM Dynaco OT, I was that inpressed with this little beasty.

Cheers,

Craig
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

Craig Reid wrote:Nigel

Oh, that is so funny! I think I recognize that amp, too!

So is this the amp that Pete F. would never trade? I'm not sure who is the bigger gear junkie, you or him. Unbelievable!

Just to add to what Nigel said, this is far and away the best Dumble-style amp I have ever heard. I don't know if it is the Dynaco DO-100 OT (from MM) or what, but this thing has this HUGE clean sound! Really hi-fi without sounding sterile. You can set up for a pristine clean sound and roll your guitar volume up and it will just bloom into feedback while still staying clean. The best example I have heard of that in any amp!

Congrats, ya dog!

Craig
Hey Craig!

Funny - I was reading one of your emails to me today and thinking I should call you!

Yep - it's an amazing beast. Pete did not let it go cheap though :cry:

I don' t think it's going anywhere! Altho I did trade the SF Dumble Clone today for a Komet Constellation - very different but the 100 watt made the 50 watt dispensable - sorry I didn't get it to you to check out first...
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

Funkalicousgroove wrote:I Built that amp, I know because it has both "Content" and "Ratio" knobs. It's built into a GDS Chassis that was supplied to me by the original owner. It has a Fender Hi-Power Twin PT (400V on the plates) and a Mercury DO100 OT(Like $400 OUCH!!!) IT also has provisions for 4 preamp tubes but the second hole is plugged.Did you get it from a fellow in allen park Michigan?
Very cool - I would love to hear more about the build! And yes I think Pete got it from that fellow.

Can I ask one thing? I was told that it was not a cheap amp to build? - I guess the $400 OT bears that out!

One more question Sir - did you get a chance to compare it to the real dealio? If so, how did she compare?

Cheers

Nigel
Last edited by v-verb on Tue Oct 17, 2006 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

Craig Reid wrote:Funk

You do good work my friend! I love that amp.

So what made you decide to try the Dynaco OT?

My buddy Pete Faragher had the amp before Nigel. I believe he was the guy that bought it from your friend in Allen Park. You might be interested to know it now resides in Toronto, where the two gear monsters, Nigel and Pete lie in wait and spend next months pay in the eternal quest for tone. :D

I'm not worthy and stopped trying to keep up with the boys. :(

BTW, I have to fess up and tell you I had a little peek under the hood. Very pretty.

The chassis I PM'ed you about last week is currently planned to get the same treatment, including the MM Dynaco OT, I was that inpressed with this little beasty.

Cheers,

Craig
So can I see your creation when she is ready Craig?
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

One more thing - Pete A/B'ed this amp against 2 Two Rock Signatures.

The Groovemeister (can I call it that?) was clearly the best of the 3. Pete owned one of the Sigs and sold it soon after.

The other Sig owner looked pretty shocked that a "clone" humbled his pricey Trock Sig so badly.

True story!
Normster

Post by Normster »

Actually Funkalicious, I think I know where one of the other chassis went. :lol:
[img:909:395]http://bad-domain/6V6_ODS/DSC02255.JPG[/img]
Funkalicousgroove

It wasn't THAT expensive of a build, but it came out nice! I actually have a Dynaco OT in my personal amp as well, The fender trannies I was originally sent were the wrong ones, so after a long discussion with Paul at MM I landed on the Dynaco OT after all. I built mine with a Marshall 100W PT though and quite frankly, it is a MUCH better sounding amp than that one, it has higher plate voltage and is more dynamic. I used Carbon Film Plate resistors, 225p Orange drops everywhere except the PI which has some 715's mixed in. That amp has a 1000pf/470pf mid boost, a .047uf mid cap, 100K mid pot, and 330pf/220k on the v1b grid. It uses 5uf, 1uf, 5uf, 5uf cathode bypass caps.

I'm interested to know how much you paid for it, I'm willing to bet more than I sold it for :) BTW I do build amps for sale if you want another.
v-verb

Post by v-verb »

Sweet - I sent you a PM

Cheers

Nigel